Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Just Replaced AC Evaporator, but now car doesn't seem to cool the same?

Hey forums, I have a 2008 Explorer Limited with the dual climate control. I had the AC evaporator blend door failure that a few of us have seen and paid to have it replaced. Was originally quoted $1700 for the full job but the dealer that I've worked with before cut me a deal for $1400...
  2. I

Trying to find Driveway Mechanic in the Northern Virginia area

Hi everyone, not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, but I need to get my AC Evaporator replaced. The dealership is quoting about $1700 to get this done, $1300 of which is labor. I used to be part of the Supra community and we had a couple semi-professional mechanics that worked out...
  3. I

Ticking Sounds from engine, 4.6L V8 Explorer - Video Inside

Okay team, I've done some research on this and this apparently seems to be a VERY common problem across V8 engines in the Explorer and F-150s. History: I noticed this around 40k miles and it has only gotten worse. It starts on a cold engine and goes away within about 60 seconds. Now...
  4. I

Disabling navigation lockout

Hi team, I've been annoyed with this in the past and it's finally come to a head; not being able to enter an address into the navigation screen while the vehicle is in motion. It won't even let you do it while you're drifting to a stop. While I understand it's a safety feature, it won't even...
  5. I

Dual Climate Control problem, passenger side blows hot while on AC

Hi guys. I have an 08 Limited with Dual Climate Control and rear AC controls, as well. Last weekend I was driving around with the gf on a very hot day with the AC cranked, and we heard a weird sound from the passenger side of the dash like something was losing power, I can't really explain it...
  6. I

Hissing under passenger floorboard

BACKGROUND Hi everyone. I had a hissing problem from under my glove box about a year ago every time I turned the car on and off, and they found it to be a cracked vacuum reservoir (under the glove box as well). Upon replacement, all seemed pretty much fine. Later on I noticed that my car...
  7. I

A/C switches to defrost under engine load. Little different than the usual.

Hi all. I have a 2008 AWD V8 Limited Edition Explorer. Upon engine load, my A/C changes from the face vents to the defrost vents. I read all over this forum about how that's normally the vacuum reservoir. I just had mine replaced, and the new one seems to be holding air just fine. I also...
  8. I

Need help fast. Short reverberating sound coming from engine after cold soak start.

Hi there. My dealer cannot seem to recreate this issue that I hear almost every morning since temperatures have dropped down around freezing. Each morning when I start my vehicle, approximately 6 seconds after startup (right when my automatic climate control kicks in) I am hearing an unusual...
Back