Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

00 Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD or 4x2

You can do a VIN search on the automobile. This will tell you quite a bit about how your vehicle left the factory. https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/vindecoder.php Or https://www.research.com/vindecoder/vin-decode.php
  2. W

Fix one thing. Get another problem...

Quite possible. @ ThreeJs ... Find a short length of hose and use it as a stethoscope to isolate the noise. One end to your ear and the other end touching various components like the pulleys and bearings. You should be able to isolate the noise.
  3. W

1996 Ford Explorer Windows going Haywire

@ J C ... Okay, I got it done. So far, so good. However, with these intermittent problems, you cannot tell right away if the fix was successful or not. This morning it was acting up as soon as I placed the car in reverse. Right now it looks good! Thanks again!!
  4. W

Thank J C!! I'll give that a shot.
  5. W

Fix one thing. Get another problem...

Off-hand, I'd say you may be hearing the alt. pulley bearing going out.
  6. W

Helpful information provided by J C, but the color of the wires don't match what I have in my 1996 Explorer 4.0 4-door. Below are two links to the wiring in my Explorer. By using my links, can someone translate the wire colors in J C's links, to what I need to splice together to bypass the GEM...
  7. W

engine wiring harness 95 exploder

Would an engine wire harness from a 96 explorer 4.0 work...
  8. W

Thank for all the good information! Much appreciated! You have me pointed in the right direction. Thanks again!!
  9. W

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

69k actual miles on my 1996 Explorer XL 4.0. Completely stock except for new Sony head unit. I'm the one with the thread on the haywire power windows. ;) The Explorer is in near showroom condition. Engine bay and all.
  10. W

Hi all! First post, and looking for some ideas on what is causing the power windows in my 96 Explorer to go down when the vehicle is placed in reverse or drive. I have done a quick search of the forum and have not come across this issue. The windows operate fine when the engine is off, or when...
Back