Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Questioning my decision making ability or maybe about to bang my head against the transmission...

Questioning my decision making ability or maybe about to bang my head against the transmission bell housing to see if it makes me smarter.
  2. L

97 ranger 3.0 2wd 4r44e will not shift.

And now for the dreaded update..no good news. Pulled the pan and filter and cleaned the pan out and checked the valve body for any springs broke or missing or any gasket materials or damaged spacer plate and u can eat off the inside of this trans! Nothing at all! No clues no nothing. Changed...
  3. L

Omg you are the best! I dont know why I never found that but have learned just to accept gifts and just say thank you! Sorry I have been a long time Chevy guy that came over to Ford about five years ago when I just couldn't take gm any longer. I owned a 02 trail Blazer..nuff said. Not that I...
  4. L

Thanks I appreciate that. For some reason I seem to always get the challenging ones. It does keep life from being boring though. Any info will definitely be helpful. Thank you.
  5. L

Serpentine belt for 1997 V6 SOHC bypassing a/c compressor

Also if you want the option of going back to it and keeping the same length they sell a AC compressor replacement pulley that mounts in it's place and is just a stationary pulley to take it's place. Generally can be found on eBay or amautoparts.com and I'm sure there are a bunch of other places...
  6. L

Time to say good-bye!

Been there before myself so completely understand. Just hard to see a good reliable 2nd gen go by the wayside and sometimes they get overlooked as being pretty good vehicles.
  7. L

Anyone have a time machine I can borrow to skip to end of what wrong with the trans on my ranger...

Anyone have a time machine I can borrow to skip to end of what wrong with the trans on my ranger I just bought to save me time for a change?
  8. L

Time to say good-bye!

That explorer is just getting broken in. When I buy them they generally have between 175-300k on them and have never paid more than 750. For one. They truly are one of the last bullet proof vehicles out there that even my wife can't kill on a regular basis. I got two right now. My wife has one...
  9. L

No lights.. No dash.. No anything after replacing battery. Help!!

Assuming that You hooked the red to red and black to black then check the inlins fuse on the battery cable itself. You may have caused an arc while changing it out.more than likely it's your problem unless you just purchased a dead battery to change your dead battery. If that is the problem a...
  10. L

Ok so more to the story..still waiting for my trans filter to actually be in stock to go pick it up and I get underneath and find a sticker on the pan of the trans. Wish I could upload it here cuz u just can't make this stuff up. It has a tsb warning red sticker on it. The actual sticker reads...
  11. L

Ok here we go. Just because I love to bang my head against walls repeatedly and I am a sucker for a great deal and punishment as well I just purchased a 97 Ford ranger XLT. 3.0 v6. Reg.cab with the 4r44e auto trans. Previous owner told me last time he drove it would not shift out of 2nd gear and...
  12. L

Ckp gone wild. No.start no spark.

Oh and sorry I didn't get chance to post myown reply yet because this helps has decided to come back out of the grave kicking and screaming and has some bugs to work out. But the problem was the actual wiring and pigtail connector. It was worn out and testing the voltage proved that it was I ly...
  13. L

Check the ground coming off the battery itself and any rot to the wiring along the front driver's side frame rails where the wiring goes down to the starter. I actually had a similar problem with a family members Lincoln continental. There was exposed positive and ground wires that came in...
  14. L

Thanks alot for that. The ecm I was thinking tracing the wires to already and had just looked it up. Btw in case u ever need this information it's pin 21/22 for the two wires from the ckp sensor. But did not know about how to test the voltage to double check the sensor. Thanks and will update...
  15. L

Currently figuring out a no start and no fun beginning to an otherwise awesome weekend.

Currently figuring out a no start and no fun beginning to an otherwise awesome weekend.
  16. L

Ok the little hoooday is the sport but this is a ride I just picked up for the family. First it's the crap 4.0.sohc motor. When purchased had a bad antifreeze leak that required changing out the thermostat housing and two sensors. First run down the road in five minutes died at idle. No start. I...
Back