Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I have now got 10K on the Hankooks. My original complaint of excessive noise has not changed. I have found that in rain, they grip very well, which was a nice surprise. I have not had any issues with flat spotting to date. I'm leaving them on for the winter. So far we have had a couple of 6"...
  2. F

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

My dealer, (Airport Ford in Hamilton) did pay for a two day rental when they did the TSB. Turned out to be an Expedition. I would have been happy to have kept it...
  3. F

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

All you need to know is written here, since Ford finally stepped up. https://www.autoblog.com/2017/10/13/ford-explorer-free-repair-exhaust-leak/?hcid=ab-around-ab-tile-4
  4. F

Check my post 3 up! The first part of the TSB rectified it for me. Dealer was well aware of both the problem and the solution. I've put 3K on since it was done, and pleased with the results. Now if could get Ford to replace the Hankooks......
  5. F

I have just put 2500KM on the Hankooks, and can say without any hesitation I hate them! They are very noisy, and transmit all road irregularities into the passenger cabin. That is with the windows closed. My neighbour who spends 10-12 hours a day in a police vehicle (Tahoe) commented on the...
  6. F

My dealer did the first phase of the TSB, and I am happy to say that I've not smelled any odours since. I've put on 2K, and covered all the acceleration possibilities, as well as having the HVAC set to recirc during the acceleration, and nothing since the repair. Hopefully I can put this issue...
  7. F

Dealer installed Class 1 Hitch

Besides the wiring and the hitch what else comes with the Explorer towing package. I would hope a tranny/oil cooler and higher output alternator but can't find that info online.
  8. F

Dealer installed Class 1 Hitch

The way I read it is that anything over 200lbs tongue weight would need a weight distributing hitch, and your explorer with that engine is rated to pull up to 5000 lbs with a class three hitch with weight distributing equipment on the trailer hitch. With a class 1 hitch you are limited to 200lbs...
  9. F

With all I have read about this, I should have, but because the numbers who actually had the problem were low by comparison to the numbers sold, I rolled the dice. And lost. Now I have to deal with it.
  10. F

I've had many new vehicles over the years, and never had a smell like this that filled the cabin. Had to open all the windows to dissipate it. Normal throttle usage does not produce the smell. Only when WOT was used for quick acceleration. Appointment is for Wednesday. They expect to have the...
  11. F

Got my Explorer Limited on Tuesday. I like the ride and the feel of it after having a pickup for the last 30 years. Went on the highway for the first time and had the need to accelerate at WOT to merge into the traffic. I smelled the 'rotten eggs' smell immediately! Now I guess the fun begins...
  12. F

2017 Limited has arrived!

Congrats! Hope you stayed high and dry this past week!
  13. F

2017 Limited has arrived!

My new toy just came into the dealers last night! Placed the order June 22, built on August 14, and delivered August 29. Explorer Limited, 4WD, 3.5 Ti-VCT, WHite Gold EXterior/ medium light interior, 300A. (Hancooks):angryfire: Likely get it by the weekend.
  14. F

XLT / Limited - Are there any mechanical differences?

Don't see the "replies" heading on the post?
  15. F

So.... did anyone buy those tires? A couple of tire stores in my area offered me a take off trade "deal" on Michelins, but after comparing prices on the Michelin Defender at Costco, with what I was offered, I'm basically giving them the Hancooks, so no further ahead. There is a post on a local...
  16. F

Exhaust leaks, Ford Explorers and the environment.

Since day one Ford has said they can't find a problem, can't duplicate the problem or lately that law enforcement fleet modifications caused the problem. It has been reported by various Explorer owners of different models and engines, since 2011 for crying out loud! It's NOT ok for Ford to...
  17. F

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

So Ford acknowledges that there is a problem with police vehicles (that were not caused by Ford) and graciously offers to fix them for free. Meanwhile completely disavowing any responsibility for the other civilian owned vehicles that have not had any alterations but have the same issue
  18. F

I can tell you I've been questioning my sanity buying the Explorer after reading of the issue with the Hancook tires, and then this, and the lack of any ownership by Ford of the problem. Putting the blame on the Police mechanics for aftermarket additions, when the general public has been...
  19. F

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...arbon-monoxide-concerns/ar-AAoX4J4?li=BBnbfcN Following this announcement will Ford keep producing the Explorer with this problem now acknowledged? Or will they keep on building and then recall when parts for the fix are available? Is it probable since...
  20. F

Which OEM tires come on Explorers?

Nothing is ever fair when it comes to 'free trade' The price I quoted also includes our taxes both HST and environmental tax, and probably one more our Liberal government adds on. But we do have universal health care, lol
  21. F

A local tire shop has advertised 4 of the Hancook "take=offs" including mounting and balance on a local buy/sell website, for $500 because they don't want to keep them around taking up space. The Michelin Defender LTX tires I'd like to have on the new Explorer are $1336 for 4 from Costco. I'm...
  22. F

I'd be happy if my Limited came that way!
Back