Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Rainlord

What is this light called, and what's the part #?

I have these small lights on my car. This picture is from a different car that also has them, but as I look at most explorers, they don't seem to have them. I have no clue what makes one car have them and another not (for the same year and same model). They seem to only light up when you unlock...
  2. Rainlord

Auxbeam 50" curved for Explorer 11-16, what bracket?

I bought the Auxbeam 50" curved LED bar a while back. The brackets that Auxbeam suggests for the 11-16+ Explorer is the Chevy ones which I ordered with it. Today I finally decided to get everything mounted, but there's no way those are the correct brackets for the Explorer, as they simply do not...
  3. Rainlord

A-pillar panel clip

I searched and couldn't find a specific post regarding this. I've broken one of the metal clips that's on the top of the inside A-pillar trim (and probably used on other panels too). The clip pictured here, seems to be a common clip that breaks when panels come off, per the F-150 forums, and...
  4. Rainlord

Small light inside headlight not working, or am I missing how/when it works?

I've been trying to figure out - both from online and the Ford manual - what the following light does: No matter how I switch the lights on in the car, whether it's day or night, or what I do light-wise, can I get this light to light up. It seems it's wired in a chain after the blinker, but...
  5. Rainlord

Looking for a hex screw/bolt part number

So I was pulling some wires behind the A/C console, which means the A/C manual controller plate (see here) had to come off, and one of the 4 hex-screws unluckily fell somewhere deep within the car... frustrating, as I'm always real careful. Hoping to find it one rainy day, perhaps. Anyway, I...
  6. Rainlord

Anyone know what these may be?

I took of the panels below the steering wheel to install something, and saw these two things that I have no idea what they are, except that they don't look stock. The car had a previous owner (a company from what I understand). Anyone have a clue? They're sadly quite "in there" so I can't pull...
  7. Rainlord

Hello from Switzerland

I've already posted a little on the forums so I figure it's time I introduce myself . I'm a computer programmer by trade - thanks to which I've lived all over the globe - and I currently live in Zurich, Switzerland where I bought the second car I've ever owned, a used Ford Explorer 2012 XLT...
  8. Rainlord

Probably a crazy idea, 2016+ center console on a 2011-2015?

I was looking around for cup holder inserts (clamps) as the 2012 don't have them and I find them oddly useful. Eventually google took me into the "parts" territory as I wondered what the 2016+ models had in them - that perhaps I could just buy their cup holders and pop them in. However, they...
  9. Rainlord

Possible to install glove box light after the fact?

I'm wondering if it's possible to install the glove box light on a car that came with "Less Glove Box Illumination", or rather, no light in the glove box. From what I see on Fordparts it seems to be a pretty basic module and it's easily found on Ebay and such, but I'm not sure if there's more to...
  10. Rainlord

What part item is this?

I've done my very best going through Ford Parts trying to find what part this may be, but I've come up with nothing (for a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT). It's basically the lining/padding underneath the top of the engine that goes across the whole underneath back side. The material can best be...
  11. Rainlord

Upgrading your old Explorer keys to something nicer

I recently bought a used Ford Explorer 2012 XLT (in Europe) - with key starter, and when the dealer handed it to me I realized it has the very old style key that doesn't fold, and constantly pokes you in your pocket. It was also really beat up. As I have no easy access to a Ford dealer over here...
  12. Rainlord

How to access/open sidemarker lights

I'm in the process of changing out all the old "standard" bulbs on my 2012 Explorer XLT with LEDs and so far so good. However, I'm now at the sidemarker lights (the tiny little lights just below the headlights, it's a w5w bulb according to the manual) and can't figure out how to open them or get...
Back