Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Looking to buy: 96-2001 5.0L built trail rig with SAS. body damage prefered

RangerX, the ford F series back in the 50s may have been "full size" for that time, but the truck itself was much more similar to the late 2000s Ranger than the F-150. The Frame rails are closer together on the '55, almost identical in separation to the Ranger/Explorer, where as the F-150 is...
  2. J

Hey BruceExploder, thanks for the offer, but looking for something more complete on the trail build side. Mbrooks420, the F250 has a wheel base that is a few inches longer than the 4-door explorer. I'm not worried about the slight differences, as a body lift will be incorporated to get more...
  3. J

Hey comrades, I usually post in the Sport trac threads, I've got a clean '09 adrenalin that I like to work on and participate on the forums with. I have a new project though, scooped up a '55 F250 and I want to do a body swap onto an Explorer and make a sweet trail rig with. Intention of this...
  4. J

Adrenalin...i think i want one

I always thought there were more Silver STAs, but looks like they are more like Unicorns in the V6 variant.
  5. J

2nd Gen Sport trac exhaust upgrade - gibson

just throwing this out there. If anyone with an Adrenalin has swapped their exhaust set up cat back and are using different tips, I want to buy your stock exhaust tips!
  6. J

Ford Flex Shifter Install

found one on Amazon just now! $17 shipped. never thought of searching amazon. I also didnt know what PN to look for, so i was generic searching ford flex shifters. Thanks again! Heres the current link for those interested.
  7. J

Ford Flex Shifter Install

Where did you get the shifter?? Ebay results show $50. $16 would be pretty legit, I really want to do this mod.
  8. J

Just Purchased 2010 STA

No, that was a steal. I paid $17k for 140K miles and no supercharger! I've seen a few of these thrown out there looking for $22K for about the same mileage and bone stock. Keep it up with the pics!! If you don't care for the hooks and want to clean up the bed side, i've made a post on how to...
  9. J

Just Purchased 2010 STA

Nice! congrats! I dig the supercharger, been wanting to get one for my STA but cant split with the $$$ at the moment. How many miles? How much did you pay?
  10. J

2008 Key Stuck in Ignition - Need Permanent Solution

This may sound janky, but I would leave the key in the ignition, use a spare to lock and unlock the doors, and just disconnect the key-present-in-the-ignition wire to prevent it from dinging while the door is open. Had a friend who had a Ranger with an ignition that was crazy sloppy. So...
  11. J

Anything else to look forward to?

So, I have owned a few of the old Jeep Cherokee XJ series SUVs. I have seen parts of these jeeps that probably only 10% of owners have and at this point i could become a certified XJ mechanic. From the sounds of it, you have dug so deep into your Sport Trac that you could easily be within that...
  12. J

Anything else to look forward to?

Im curious about your rattle that you had. Mine makes a god awful chatter at low RPM under load. Wont make the noise in park or neutral, drive or reverse only. RPMs around 1500 - 2000 and it sounds like a coffee can full of nuts and bolts. Tickle the throttle and it rickety-rattles, making a...
  13. J

How to: +07 bed side hook blank/eliminator plate build!!!!

Oh man, I will need to see your set up when finished. I cant stand the single exhaust, need symmetry! I was searching for the Adrenalin exhaust tips to just branch off a second pipe after the muffler. haven't found anything yet.
  14. J

Braking bad!!

I hate flushing ABS systems, but definitely agree with Tech. Ive flushed a few jeeps that required multiple flushes before the brakes felt good and stiff. What set up do you have for doing flushes? I use a modified reservoir cap that I hook up to my air compressor. Regulate the pressure down...
  15. J

Now, back to the prep! I did 3 layers of primer, with proper curing time and wet sanding in between to achieve a perfectly flat and smooth surface. I did not do this for the first one, and my sanding lines were obvious and brought my family shame. The primer fills in the little imperfections...
  16. J

I've got the thirst for cleaning up the side of my Adrenalin's bed, make it clean. I don't really use the hooks since its pretty much a city truck and the tonneau cover never comes off. Searches for such an item have revealed others wishes for the same solution that doesn't quite exist. So I...
  17. J

Sport Trac Accessories Thread

Does anyone know of exhaust setups for the Adrenalin? Everything I have found so far is for side exit tips :/ I have also been really interested in a dual exhaust tip set up, as in the stock Adrenalin tips on the left and another set on the right. Anyone hear of something like that or where i...
  18. J

Driver side blue button/switch purpose

I get the feeling it is something aftermarket. did you get the truck used? could have been for some off-road lights or an amp/sub system that was removed before you got it. I have owned quite a few used cars and non-OEM switches that do nothing aren't uncommon.
  19. J

One of the places I found this info was here: Old For Sale Site "Ford actually produced the 'Sport Trac Adrenalin' beginning in 2008. Promised to build a SVT version in 2009 only to completely pull the plug on production Oct. 29, 2010. Since only about 60,000 Sport Tracs were built each year...
  20. J

adrenelin tires

Nice, my STA needs new rubber pretty bad. How much did the set cost? Im hoping to not pay more than $1k...
  21. J

Spotted this Beauty in MI

I am still working on the stock +07 block off mod. haven't forgot about it. This is the second one I'm working on, so I'm documenting the steps and taking extra care in places I didn't before to get a better result (putting more % into the prep). Should have an update this weekend after I do...
  22. J

Please ignore the dirty dirty truck. The cover plate is the base structure of the hook, stock piece. Ill create a write up when I do another one. Easy one day build.
  23. J

I like the block offs, have never been able to find them, so i would gander that they are a custom set, to go with the custom graphics. must know a guy. I am working on my own set, turns out you can modify the current hardware on 2007+ ST beds to get the block off/ hook eliminator set up...
  24. J

Howdy, for my first post, I would like to chime in and say that I bought a '09 Adrenalin V8 this last February and it is everything I could ever hope for. Got her used from a small used lot, really heavy on the miles, 140K. runs and looks great with enough pep to please me, but still look...
Back