Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Lower intake

I have a 2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC. Can someone tell me the right way to tell the front from the back on my lower intake. Thanks Pappy
  2. P

Vacuum Leak

I drive a 200 ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC. I put new upper intake, lower intake gaskets, injector seal adapters, and injector O rings. Now when I start the car it idles very rough, will sometimes take throttle and sometimes not. Any help would be appreciated. Pappy
  3. P

Fuel Injector Seal Adapters

How do I remove the old ones?
  4. P

The seal adapters go in the motor then the injectors go in the adapters.
  5. P

I need to replace the fuel injection seal adapters, my question is how do I remove the old adapters? I have a 2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC. Thanks Pappy
  6. P

Lower intake

I also need to change my fuel injector O-rings and the fuel injector adapters. I'm trying to find out how to remove the old ones. Thanks Pappy
  7. P

Lower intake

I just put new upper and lower intake gaskets in my 2000 explorer and now it runs worse, I'm wondering if I put my lower intake in backwards. How do I tell the front from the back? Thanks Pappy
  8. P

Torx Size

Thanks Pappy
  9. P

Torx Size

I'm getting ready to change my upper and lower intake gaskets on my 2000 Explorer 4.0 and need to know what size torx is needed? Thanks Pappy
  10. P

No Acceleration

I replaced my plugs, plug wires, fuel filter and throttle control sensor. When I start it up it will spit and sputter for about a minute then smooth out. When I drive it it will just bog out then smooth out until I try and give it gas and it just bogs out. Could this be a bad cat or vacuum leak...
  11. P

Fuel filter question

I was replacing the fuel filter on my 2000 Explorer. The engine side came apart with no problem, but when I went to disconnect the intake side the line broke at the compression fitting. I'm looking to see what options I have. Thanks Pappy
  12. P

Throttler Position Sensor

Thanks for the help guys I got them out with an impact drill, Pappy
  13. P

No Acceleration

First of all I want to thank everyone for all the help. I returned the throttle sensor and got another one and it helped. Now I have the code C1122 which I believe is a speed sensor but I'm not sure what it is nor can I find it. Could this affect acceleration and trying to give the car gas and...
  14. P

No Acceleration

When I give my 2000 Explorer throttle it is slow to accelerate and I can't get full throttle. I replaced the throttle sensor but it didn't help. I took it to my local auto parts store had them hook there computer to it and the is C1102. I looked it up and it came back saying acceleration sensor...
  15. P

Throttler Position Sensor

I'm trying to put the new sensor on my Explorer but can't get the 2 bolts to break free. My question is can I plug the new one in but not mount until I get the right tool? Thanks Pappy
  16. P

Hi all

I go by pappy and just joined the forum. I have a 200 Explorer which I look forward to meeting some of you as time goes by. Pappy
  17. P

Power Door Lock Relay Location

Thanks for the help.
  18. P

Power Door Lock Relay Location

Could someone please tell me where the power door lock relay is located on my 2000 Explorer? Thanks Pappy
Back