Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Accusump install question

Please be patient reading this post. I own a 2005 4.0 sohc sport trac. We all know the disadvantage of owning this awesome truck is the poor design of timing chain components. I recently installed a complete new engine, with all new motorcraft sensors, wires, plugs, radiator, serpentine belt...
  2. H

Rechecking torque after front suspension replacement.

After getting my alignment done and driving it a few miles. I want to check the torque on my lower ball joint. Just wondering if I should raise the truck using lower control arm or having it on jack stands on the frame? It's kind of a weird setup with torsion bar and I just don't know what...
  3. H

Do Moog lower ball have relief valves like uppers

A few months back I replaced my complete front suspension with Moog problem solvers. When I looked at it today I noticed the left side looks different than the right side. Right side is bloomed up and left side is deflated. I went to put a pump of grease in it and it automatically gushes out the...
  4. H

Special thanks, appreciated help from Donald's and 2000streetrod

I just want to thank both forum members. I was able to swap a complete long block, every nut and bolt with the help of both members. I asked 100 questions with zero complaints. You guys are beyond great, just really appreciate the help. My new engine fired up immediately. I really couldn't have...
  5. H

Engine ground

2005 Ford sport Trac 4.0. Replaced my engine but I don't remember and engine block ground. I only removed one= firewall on stud that holds PCM connector. Does anybody know the location of engine block ground? Thanks
  6. H

Replacement tensioner

Looking to replace my two tensioners but I cannot find any Ford ones available. Anybody know where to find some quality tensioners at and washer appreciate your time
  7. H

Remanufactured engine

Still no luck finding remanufactured long block. All on backorder. Any body know of reputable company than has replacement engine? One not using crap timing components. Thannnnnnnnnnnnnks
  8. H

I'm doomed. Help

2005 Ford sport Trac 2 wheel drive. Well coming home today my engine all the sudden started rattling at 2000 RPMs. Figuring it was the timing chain I drove it home about 5 minutes. This morning went to move to park it to tear into it and when I started it a bunch of Blue smoke comes out the...
  9. H

Safe to drive to alignment shop..

Just replace the whole front
  10. H

Moog did to me again

Once again I'm having another problem installing a moog part. I'm doing a complete front end suspension rebuild. First they sent me two different lower control arms. Also the driver's rotor rubs the ABS ring. Now I'm having a problem with the upper control arm. One of the bushings is pushed in...
  11. H

2005 2wd Sport Trac

So I recently replaced the whole front suspension, rotors and wheel bearings. I had a problem with the ABS sensor rubbing the new rotors but as long as I don't torque it down completely it's good. Question? How long until I have to recheck the wheel bearings, and how do I go about rechecking...
  12. H

Abs sensor hitting new rotor

Well I junked one of my sport tracks and decided to get this one on the road.. I've installed all new front suspension rotors wheel bearings included. My problem is when I put the ABS sensor into the hub and spin the rotor it is hitting the fins on the back of the rotor. 2004 sport Trac...
  13. H

Done with it. Drove to scrap yard

It's official I'm done with this truck. Sold it to the scrap yard for 150 bucks which I bought brand new. I could take an engine out of my Honda and replace it in the amount of hours. This thing I battled the valve cover gaskets, thermostat housing, upper control arm bolt it is ridiculous. I can...
  14. H

Torque specs recommendations

So I'm replacing all front suspension parts.. Should I follow factory torque specs or moog? Thanks. 2005 sport Trac 2wd
  15. H

Dumb question but I'm no professional

2005 2wd sport trac. So I'm replacing my front rotors with wagner's. I also bought timken bearing that came with races. Is it ok to use the pre-installed races in new rotors and using the timken bearing? Thanks
  16. H

Camber/caster cam replacement

In the process of buying moog suspension replacement from rockauto. Question.. do I need to purchase the camber kit or can I use the original off truck? 2005 sport Trac 2wd. Thanks
  17. H

Newbie question

Looking to replace front rotors and wheel bearings. What's the difference between the $40 and $100? Pics look the same.
  18. H

Suspension rebuild kit

Looking for suggestions for complete rebuild it. Anybody have advice about his company? I need uppers on one side and lower on other so I don't know what approach to take. 2wd 2005 st.
  19. H

Upper ball joint

Looking to replace my upper and lower ball joints. Do you have replace the whole upper control arm? Could not find one at a online ford site. 2005 sport Trac 2wd. It needs a complete front rebuild including rotors. Thanks
  20. H

Weird problem after valve cover replacement

2005 2wd Sport Trac. I just finished replacing my valve cover, simmons thermostat housing, Oem thermostat, and motorcraft sparkplugs. Fired it, replaced missing coolant with my spill free funnel and checked for leaks. None When I reversed out my driveway with the wheel turned I felt a chatter...
  21. H

Coolant temperature sensor

In process of swapping thermostat housing and removed coolant temperature sensor but seen no oring. When I put supplied oring on it's loose in housing. Is my sensor missing something around where the oring sits?
  22. H

Thermostat replacement

In the process of replacing my valve cover gaskets on my 05 st and also doing thermostat housing. Question.. the new motor craft thermostat didn't come with oring. Does anyone know if they have a oring and if so what's the part number? Thanks forum members
  23. H

Front suspension replacement parts

After hours of searching I can really find information on our Sport Tracs. My front end is in need of a complete rebuild. I did find that I should purchase the front rotors from rockauto-wagner. Btw it's a 2005 st 2wd. What route would you suggest? It has 232,000 and someone has replaced parts...
  24. H

2005 sport trac front rotors

I have a 2wd drive ST and I need to change the front rotors. I've done some research and I'm confused. Is it different from 2wd & 4wd? Do I need to change wheel bearings? I've never changed a rotor so please any insight is greatly appreciated. My research has lead me to purchase Warner disks for...
  25. H

2005 sport Trac EVAP leak

I know it's a long shot but I have emissions soon and the engine light is illuminated. It's detected as a small EVAP leak on my scanner. I replaced the gas cap with a OEM but light came back on after 2 weeks. I don't smell fuel. Has anyone had this problem or any advice to fix? Shop want $200...
Back