Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2016 Explorer seat mysteriously moves all the way forward

2 or 3 times in the last couple of months I've come to my parked X to find that the front drivers seat has moved itself all the way forward, and tilted the seat towards the steering wheel. It's not a huge deal because I just push the seat memory button on the door and the seat returns to its...
  2. B

Front door speakers - do they have full frequency range?

Can I tap into the front door speakers to connect an extra subwoofer? Not sure if they are full range or if the amplifier is already eliminating the 20hz-60hz signal from the front door signal and directing it to the factory sub in the Sony system.
  3. B

Drivers seat shifts while making turns or going over bumps

I started noticing a subtle shift / movement in the driver seat when making turns or going over bumps. Mentioned it to the service adviser while it was in for the PTU replacement and they found that the power seat track had excessive wear. Replaced part FB5Z-9661711-D under warranty.
  4. B

J Turns - port the option to non-piu?

I read somewhere that the PIU are programmed to detect when a J turn maneuver is being performed and to assist with the execution. Is it possible to port that programming to a non PIU model?
  5. B

How do I roll down my windows without starting the car?

My Sport has the keyless start, so I don't see a way to put the car in "ACC" mode so that I can lower the electric windows without starting the car. Is there a way to do this?
  6. B

Front Engine Cover Oil Leak on Explorer Sport

When I was installing the new Raptor style grill on my Sport, I noticed a little leak. See attached picture. There is no oil puddle on my garage floor. Took the Sport in for the C02 concerns fix and showed the Service advisor the pic and he said he would check it out. Today he called and...
  7. B

Random hissing noise when using in car cell phone speaker

I've started to notice that every now and then while on a cell phone call through the Explorer, I will get this hissing noise for about 2-4 seconds. It almost sounds like waves at the ocean. It starts softly, gets progressively louder and then disappears. At first I figured it was my phone...
  8. B

2016+ Raptor Style Grille and Hella Horn swap

Ordered a glossy black grille off the ebay and installed it today. To remove the front grille requires removing the whole front clip. I had it done at a body shop. On the 2015 and down, you can remove the grill without removing the clip, but its impossible on the 2016+ The whole front clip...
  9. B

2016 Sport Rear A/C - separate unit?

Is the rear a/c on my 16 sport piggybacking off the car's main a/c? Or is there a separate compressor unit and blower for the rear? Thanks!
  10. B

Shopping for 16 or 17 Sport - drove a slow one

I've been shopping for a used 16 or 17 Sport and so have driven several and love the acceleration and power. Drove a 2017 today, and it felt very slow and laggy. Not as much power as the other ones I've driven. At one point going up a hill, I had it floored and it would not downshift to a...
Back