Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Is a New GEM the Fix? 2002 V8

The first major issue occurred after a rain in which my entire center console was filled with water about 2/3 of the way (windshield is cracked). Shortly after that I had a few electrical issues. The airbag light won't turn off, the rear wiper blade won't work, the front wipers move VERY...
  2. W

02 Limited 4.6 V8

Let me start off by saying I have very little mechanical experience! LOL But regardless, my baby has yet another issue. It is throwing no codes that we can tell so far. It was a very slight rough idle. RPMs aren't spiked but you can feel it. It was way more definitive after you've been driving...
  3. W

2002 4.0 Towing Question

Hi everyone. I've been searching across the forums for an answer but I really need one that is specific to my vehicle. A buddy of mine wants me to help him move by pulling a trailer with my Explorer (to a nearby town) but I am unsure of my capabilities. The first question is do I have the...
  4. W

02 Explorer 4.0 Hard Shudder

Hi everyone. My 02 Explorer 4.0 has a hard shudder that occurs between 1,500-2,000 RPM. It occurs when I am in light throttle and when it occurs I have to give it more throttle to kind of "push it past it" I should say. The issue is more likely to happen when going uphill or when having the...
Back