Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Brakes sound like a mule when I back up!

Really bizarre sound and it doesn't always do it. Wen I'm backing out of garage, my brakes sound like a mule hee haa sound or a seal baying maybe? I know it sounds funny, but I'm concerned as I've never heard brakes do that. Thoughts?
  2. R

Hard starting (and dread the answer).

Did a search, but the success of this site means you get a billion results to sift through...I just made it to a million. ;-) Anyway, my 2009 Explorer 4.0 with 87k has become troublesome to start. Had injectors cleaned, and plugs replaced (Ford said 90k, but did it at 86k). If I wait about 4...
  3. R

My engine sounds like it has a turbo....

I've looked all over this forum, but never found the answer. My engine, 2009 4.0, sounds as though it has a turbo - even at idle. I've looked all over, but can not isolate the high pitch whine (LOL, my sonn thinks it sounds cool). I don't hear it at higher speeds because of all the other...
  4. R

Can I safely tow a 3500 LBS RV Trailer?

Hi all, Newbie here! I have a 2009 4.0 with a class 2 factory hitch. Specs say it'll tow 3500 lbs. In Texas , electric brakes are mandatory over 3k lbs, so that's cool, as I'll have trailer brakes (will have to get a brake controller). That I know of, the truck had no tow package (seems...
Back