Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

loose steering?

My 2015 sport has never felt like it "sporty" steering, which I'm being realistic and comparing to other SUV's. I am now getting concerned because the steering at times feels "loose" and sloppy. I have stood outside the car and moved the steering wheels and there appears to be NO issue or play...
  2. B

terrain management (snow mode) rear torque bias?

Drove my 15 sport for the first time in several inches of snow we just got in Ohio. I was absolutely baffled to see that when driving and just giving very little throttle while in snow mode, the 4wd screen showed torque ONLY going to the rear wheels. It was only when I gave more throttle that...
  3. B

is this normal behavior for my transmission?

My transmission downshifts aggressively when full throttle on my sport when driving 45mph or less, which I like. Once I hit about right at about 50 mph and go full throttle, the explorer just steadily accelerates without downshifting. It just doesn't move like it does when flooring the car...
  4. B

Bad fuel rail wiring harness?

Dealership is saying this is what they believe is the cause of my 2015 sports intermittent loss of power. They have had the vehicle for one month now. They thought it was the turbo after duplicating the issue, but that was a guess, because there has never been an engine light or code. They...
  5. B

normal to have water/oil in air intake duct/3.5 ecoboost?

If your standing at the front bumper looking into the engine bay, what I am referring to is the hose the runs from the left side of the intercooler to to the throttle body. I removed one of the hose clamps midway on this section and all of the insides of the tubes are very wet with what seems...
  6. B

Are the exhaust manifold cracks only on PIU'S ?

I've only read about exhaust manifold cracks on police utility vehicles. I have the 3.5 ecoboost and didn't know why the PIU would have different exhaust manifolds. I was wondering if anyone knows if the 3.5 ecoboost civilian models in susceptible to this problem?
  7. B

given up on sport - loss of power

I'm a new ford owner and I was so excited for this car, but going to have to sell it and I'm devastated. I joined the forum a few weeks ago after just purchasing a 2015 sport with 39,000 miles on it. I have since posted a couple times about it running sluggish. I then posted about taking it...
  8. B

dealership said do NOT run higher octane in sport

I have posted two two recent threads on here about issues with my 2015 sport I recently purchased acting sluggish and having all kinds of power issues. The first time the dealership said it was probably bad fuel and that I SHOULD use either 89 or 93 octane gas. I told them that I had been...
  9. B

disconnected battery, power temporarily restored?

I recently posted about my 2015 sport losing power and the dealer looked at it and said they found nothing wrong and said it must have been bad fuel. Several tanks of 93 octane later, the vehicle struggles at WOT and it now hesitates, it basically lost it's "punch". A friend suggested...
  10. B

mismatched tire, torque steer, dealer may replace

After my earlier post where I was having some engine problems with my newly purchased 2015 sport, I then noticed that under hard acceleration the vehicle would pull VERY hard to the right ( all tires at cold, were 35 psi). I understand torque steer and had it on front wheel drive sports cars...
  11. B

Just bought 2015 sport, loss of power

I just joined the forum after just purchasing a 2015 Sport with 38,000 miles on it. Been wanting one for a while and was grinning ear to ear when I got it. After driving it for several days, the engine began acting odd, very sluggish and almost felt as if the turbos were gone. I read several...
Back