Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Where to buy paint?

Thanks, I just found the automotivetouchup.com site this afternoon. I've done some body work with okay results on inexpensive older vehicles... typically a rust spot, so it wasn't difficult to make an improvement. The UG color has more depth, so I'm worried about screwing up my whole hood for a...
  2. D

Where to buy paint?

Thanks for all the advice. I discussed the paint bubbles with the dealership when I bought it. I did get an additional $250 off. It is a 2012 with 94k on it. It is actually pretty minor compared to some other hoods I've seen. I'm considering a adding some wrap to the front of the hood or a bug...
  3. D

Where to buy paint?

I need to pick up or order White Platinum Pearl (UG) to repair the hood paint bubbles. Has anyone found an online supplier that has been good to buy from? We have NAPA and OREILLY locally, but I couldn't locate anything on their web sites.
  4. D

2014 Black Grill Overlay?

Thanks! Looking for the best solution to converting my grille to what he had pictured.
  5. D

2014 Black Grill Overlay?

I just picked up my 2012 yesterday, same color scheme as yours, including the grille. What were the steps you used to paint your grille? Is the chrome removable? Any advice would be appreciated.
  6. D

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Thanks! That makes it a difficult decision... do the work myself or use the time to earn extra $ to pay for someone else to do it. Your explorer looks great!
  7. D

Grill wrap

Anyone have a thread link regarding applying vinyl to the grill as a substitute to paintiing/replacing? I have a chrome grill, but would like to black out the frame and larger bars.
  8. D

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

I'm picking up my 2012 on Saturday, same color scheme... I want to start with the grill and the wheels. Approximately how much did you pay to have them painted? My wife has access to vinyl wrap at her job, so I was also looking into wrapping the door handles and possibly adding vinyl to the...
Back