Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

I just had the voluntary recall done on my 17 XLT. The report only mentioned the rear hatch seal and reprogramming of the A/C (haven't had any of the other TSBs done previous). My problem was never terrible, but it was definitely noticeable at times and gave me a headache a few times. The...
  2. M

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

I just had the voluntary recall done on my 17 XLT. The report only mentioned the rear hatch seal and reprogramming of the A/C (haven't had any of the other TSBs done previous). My problem was never terrible, but it was definitely noticeable at times and gave me a headache a few times. The...
  3. M

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

My 2017 didn't have a 3rd row mat, so I assume they don't come standard.
  4. M

Haven't had both, but I liked the look of the x-act contours more. Seemed like they had more ridges and were a little deeper to separate liquid from where your feet would sit on the mat.
  5. M

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

This pretty much confirms for me that it'll be worth the investment. Appreciate it!
  6. M

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

Mine is black too which is what got me so interested in it. Seems like a dream come true. Plus, I like keeping my car clean without having to spend countless hours doing it if I can avoid it!
  7. M

Anyone ever used F11 Top Coat? People online have been raving about it for how well it looks, how long it lasts (3-6 months even without babying it), and how easy it is to apply (just spray, rub in, and finish buffing with a dry towel). You can apparently use it on almost any surface, and it...
  8. M

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Have these held up well still? I'm probably going to order them based on price, options, ease of installation, and potentially ease of removal if I don't like them or want to change things up.
  9. M

Foldable Cargo Liner for Cargo Area

Wanted to post a follow-up about this liner. Had to use the 3rd row at lunch recently, and it was really easy to just fold this up quickly and stow it behind the 3rd row. Since it's pretty flexible, I was even able to push it down into the cargo area. It's actually kind of hard to tell that it's...
  10. M

Hitch Drop & Length 2017 XLT

I've got a 2017 XLT with the factory Class III Tow package and Appearance Package (20" wheels). Trying to figure out what drop and length I should get for my hitch. I'll only be hauling occasionally (u-hauls or possibly tandem axle utility trailers). From what I can see online, a lot of trailers...
  11. M

(Also posted on this thread about foldable cargo liners) So I got the Husky X-Act Contour floor mats/liners, but I decided to go with the 3D MAXpider liner for the cargo area (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CH8QQ24/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It isn't your standard...
  12. M

So I decided to go with the 3D MAXpider liner (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CH8QQ24/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It isn't your standard plastic/rubber liner, but it is essentially the same kind of material ("thermoplastic rubber with a carbon fiber embossed pattern"). It...
  13. M

Wasn't sure which of the floor mat/liner threads to add this to, but I figured I would go with this one since there are a few more pages of posts than some of the others. I just got the Husky X-Act Contour mats for the 1st & 2nd rows. The lip on the front mats are great. I wish the second row...
  14. M

Awesome! Thanks for the info and pictures. I like that it still has the raised edges but can be folded.
  15. M

About to pick up my 2017 XLT this week, and I'm wondering if others have looked into this more. I ordered Husky liners for the 1st and 2nd rows but held off on the 3rd for now. I wasn't sure if the 3rd row liner stayed in place well if that row was folded down, and I expect to have it folded...
Back