Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Wanted 15" Rims for Mountaineer

Looking for a set of 15" rims for my Mercury Mountaineer to get away from what I already have. I'm very open to Custom and/or other Explorer, Mustang and Ranger rims. Something to change it up. Similar or greater offset preferred. I have 31" tires on it now. PM me what you have. Thanks I...
  2. S

Jurassic Park Gen 1 Explorer on Marketplace

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/751255865240532/ Not sure if this is a good place to post...please move if needed, but I just spotted this on Marketplace; might be some interest here Looks like its located in Springdale, AR
  3. S

Take 3 - 1999 Mercury Mountaineer

Yep you read it right - #3. Will this ever end :snicker: I was scanning the marketplace of FB and this little blue gem popped up and I had to go see it in person. I plan on shifting my 97's Sport to 'Loaner' status and let the new drivers (Kids) use it until they :pget their own car. After...
  4. S

** POLL - Which Generation would you prefer?

I sold my Jeep Wrangler and now I'm in the market for a "new" vehicle. :bounce: Did some searching, but didn't find a thread that gave a quick favored review of each Gen and why. I could be a 'Nut' having (2) Gen 2's already, but I really enjoy these vehicles and their styling. I...
  5. S

AntiLock Brakes (ABS) on your SAS/SOA

Just throwing this out there....:confused2: Hoping this can turn into a 'How To'. I am pretty sure this has been talked about, but I cant find a thread/discussion on it. It could be as simple as...Here it is! w/ a link. I am doing a SAS/SOA on my 2nd Gen 97 Ford (see link below on progress)...
  6. S

Transfer Case ID Needed

Can anyone ID this Transfer Case. I was at the JY on my lunch and It was sitting in front of a 95(?) F150 that I was pulling the steering box lines off of. Curiosity got the best of me...can the yokes from this be used on BWW4406? Im guessing No... It looks similar to the BW4406 and the trans...
  7. S

Tell me about your 2wd V8's

Okay, the sickness is taking over and a chance to save and keep another on the road .... I have a chance to pick up a 1999 Explorer 2wd for cheap o_O. Like $500 cheap. Older gal who owned this took it to her mechanic to have the water pump replaced. Needless to say, the mechanic broke stud...
  8. S

Gen2 - Simple - Sound System Upgrade

When got my Gen2 Sport, it did not have much of a sound system in it. Having installed many large scale sounds systems in my cars/trucks over the years, I didn't want to spend much and was willing to risk a little buying some cheaper brand that i was not familiar with. I didn't want some bulky...
  9. S

1997 Ford Explorer - V8 - 5.0 - AWD

Hello Explorer Fans. I have been on the forums for some time and have extensively read many threads. I have enjoyed the forums so far. Now I have a question of opinion for you all. I currently own 97' V6 SOHC Sport and I love it. I was going to SAS it, but Id rather do it to a V8...
  10. S

Looking for BW 1354 Manual Transfer Case

Hello, I'm looking for a BW 1354 Manual transfer case, front drive shaft and shifter assembly - or any parts associated with this setup to switch out my electric transfer case. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Back