Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

One fix for rear window washer not working

Greetings, This is an old one, but might anyone have some of the images previously referenced to in this thread. My 2006 explorer has water leaking around the passenger’s side cargo area window when i engage the water for rear wiper cleaning. Looking for some information as a guide to...
  2. S

5R55S transmission ATF change problem

I second that. Great info!!! Thank you!!!!
  3. S

Recommend a seat cover manufacturer?

Hi Check here Auto Custom Leathers, Inc. - Home I had my BMW leather factory replacement covers made their. If you call ask for Jerry (owner) and tell him that “Mark from Texas” sent you. They do vinyl as well Regards, Mark
  4. S

5R55S transmission ATF change problem

Greetings to all, I do not have much experience working with Ford, but my wife has a 2006 Ford Explorer XLS and i would like to remove all the ATF in the transmission and do a full change. Is there a specific line i need to pull to drain the entire contents of the AT? Also, can it be refilled...
  5. S

06 Explorer gas cap light on dash but no check engine

Thank you for responding. I will check that out and inspect the entire filler neck.
  6. S

06 Explorer gas cap light on dash but no check engine

Greetings to all I have come across the isuue in which the gas cap light has come on the dash of my 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0L. There is no check engine light and after installing a brand new motorcraft gas cap, the light is still on. Strangely, everytime i remove the gas cap to fill the gas tank...
  7. S

06 Explorer A/C compressor cooling issue

Hi guys, The A/C on our 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0L has not been working (blows hot air) for some time now and when i took the vehicle in for a repair recently, i told the tech to check what the issue was with the A/C system. He told me it was the A/C suction hose line that had a leak. I could...
  8. S

2006 Explorer 4.0. PCM/instrument cluster replaced/programmed but the dreaded wrench icon is lit

Well thanks to forum member “Sheltonfilms”, this problem has been fully corrected. The “wrench” icon is gone and the “park aid” option no longer appears anywhere. My vehicles options settings have been restored to their “as built” configuration by adding the factory data to line 720-01-01 of...
  9. S

2006 Explorer 4.0. PCM/instrument cluster replaced/programmed but the dreaded wrench icon is lit

Hey thanks. I appreciate your interaction We will figure this out
  10. S

No not yet. Would all modules have to be flashed or maybe just the IC and possibly thegeneral module? Could use a Ford flashing expert to chime in and shed some light into this before doing anything
  11. S

Hi to all The “park aid” comes up on the mini display of the instrument cluster when i put the transmission into reverse gear. As indicated previously there is no arrow to select between “on” and “off” . Not sure if this is normal but when i put the ignition into the “on” position the lights...
  12. S

Hi Gdgiordano Yea, it sounds logical and i have reflashed BMW engine computers per BMW VIN specific firmware and have never had issues but this is a Ford and i don’t want to end up bricking the PCM and having another nightmare getting someone to fix it
  13. S

I managed to obtain through Ford the module build data (As-built) using the vehicle’s VIN and through ForScan i have access to the As-built data of each module. Looking through the IC module data there are numerous differences in each of the codes Considering that my stock PCM was replaced with...
  14. S

I just started up the truck to take a ride and the center display lights up “park aid” appears and its neither on/off and when i try to see if the arrow appears to select “off” but it does nothing andno arrow is present as it should be to make a selection Can Forscan let me turn it off?
  15. S

I just started up the truck to take a ride and the center display lights up “park aid appears and its neither on/off and when i try to see if the arrow appears to select “off” but it does nothing andno arrow is present as it should be to make a selection Can Forscan let me turn it off?
  16. S

Ok so would i be correct to say that the wrench icon lighted up on the instrument panel is due to PCM code P1000 and as stated by the information providec by ForScan that the vehicle has not gone through 1 full cycle of the OBD monitors in “ready” status?
  17. S

No Could the car the donor PCM came from have this set in the PCM and thus causing this on my vehicle which does not have the park assist feature? If this was the case, how can this be disabled? Would doing the PCM reset connecting the battery terminals for 10 minutes be the next step? How...
  18. S

Ok. Just did a scan and get the following: PCM P1000-FF. Says among other things “ The vehicle is new from the factory and has not yet been through a complete OBD drive cycle Says this will clear when all OBD monitors are ready IC U0159 -60 lost communication with parking assist control...
  19. S

Thanks for your reply. So you advise that i hold off resetting the PCM until i scan and get the code or codes registered on the PCM? I should have the interface today to scan and find out whats going on
  20. S

Thanks for understanding. I have done coding/programming on my BMW and to tell you the truth i would prefer coding my BMW. But its a matter of learning how the Ford cars electronics work So i will remove both terminals from the battery and use a bolt to tie them together for about 10 minutes
  21. S

So remove positve terminal first, then the negative and tie them together with a wire? Sorry for asking but need to be sure how this is done
  22. S

No i did not but is that safe to do? I saw a video of someone removing the negative post and connecting a clip on wire to the positive terminal for about 10 minutes Sorry for sounding frantic, but are any of these 2 procedures safe to do? So you say to takeboth posts off and tie them together?
Back