Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

06 Explorer gas cap light on dash but no check engine

Greetings to all I have come across the isuue in which the gas cap light has come on the dash of my 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0L. There is no check engine light and after installing a brand new motorcraft gas cap, the light is still on. Strangely, everytime i remove the gas cap to fill the gas tank...
  2. S

06 Explorer A/C compressor cooling issue

Hi guys, The A/C on our 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0L has not been working (blows hot air) for some time now and when i took the vehicle in for a repair recently, i told the tech to check what the issue was with the A/C system. He told me it was the A/C suction hose line that had a leak. I could...
  3. S

2006 Explorer 4.0. PCM/instrument cluster replaced/programmed but the dreaded wrench icon is lit

Hello to all, My wife's 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0 ran into a no start/no crank situation 2 weeks ago and we had it taken to a mechanic shop for diagnosis/repair. They determined the instrument cluster had gone bad (CAN communication was cut off and thus no crank/start) but then when they replaced...
  4. S

2006 Ford Explorer 4.0 coolant change procedure?

Hello to all I managed to replace the radiator on my 2006 Ford Explorer and to ensue there were no more leaks i filled the radiator with water just to make sure its all good. I left the radiator cap off, set heater to “high” and let the engine run for about 15 minutes. I noticed cold air coming...
  5. S

Greetings to all I have come across this very useful site and have decided to become part of the community I live in Arlington, Texas and own a 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0L vehicle. I had a grueling experience replacing the radiator on this vehicle but managed to get it done. Looking forward to...
Back