Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Ford ranger check auto locking hubs

Hi, I have a 2001 Ford Ranger 3.0L 4x4 and there is a slight grinding noise when driving. I jacked up the front end to take a look for what might be causing it and couldn't find anything. I did notice however that the front drive shaft would spin when I spun the tires. Does this mean the hubs...
  2. E

2001 V6 3.0L no compression after head gasket change

A friend gave me their truck after it's been sitting for a year. I did some inspection on it and it looked ok. It started right up so I shut it down immediately. Then I started inspecting the fluids and found the coolant had leaked into the oil and had been completely emulsified into a nice...
  3. E

How to refill a transmission [serious but stupid question]?

I've found filling the 5R55E which has a long dipstick tube (Mazda) to be really difficult. This is how I do it: Let it sit overnight Check the cold level for reference and to make sure it's not in the cross hatched area on the dip stick Run engine in idle until at temperature Recheck level...
  4. E

5r55e rebuilt but having problems going into drive

So I've put about 15k miles on this transmission that I rebuilt. It worked pretty well most of the time. I do have to back off the accelerator in the 2-3 transition for it to shift. I took it to a mechanic who test drove it and thought the problem was related to the valve body. I didn't...
  5. E

5r55e rebuild P0733, P0735 and no 4x4 low light

I recently rebuilt a 5r55e that was pretty burnt out. I change a few of the hard parts and all of the soft parts. It has a hard shift between 1 & 2 and that usually generates an O/D OFF blinking. If I back off the accelerator it shifts nicely, otherwise it struggles to shift 1-2. The other...
  6. E

5R55e testing after rebuild -- problems

I rebuilt my 5r55e, changing all the soft parts and several of the hard parts. Everything looks good tolerance wise. But since I've never done this before I thought I would test it before reconnecting the drive shafts. Without a load, I found that in R it spins ok and the engine idles up...
  7. E

Need help identifying tube

I have a 2002 Mazda B4000 (basically a ranger) and I'm hopeful someone here can help me figure out what's going on. Here is a photo of the tube just loose and laying across the engine for the photo: https://imgur.com/a/MNaFN I was working on the transmission and I noticed this small tube that...
  8. E

5r55e Forward clutch air testing

First off I don't know what I'm doing. I've not rebuilt a transmission before and I'm following this site, youtube and the rebuild manual for the 5r55e. I'm working on a transmission with a destroyed forward clutch. I bought a forward clutch drump used because the gears on the original were...
  9. E

5r55e Sensor Confusion on 2002 Mazda b4000

This is the first time I've ever worked on a transmission, so I'm still feeling my way around it. I bought this Mazda 2002 with a burnt out transmission in hopes of rebuilding it and getting it running again. I don't have much history on the transmission other than it's been examined and...
Back