Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2012 Explorer XLT adding 7-pin without factory tow package

The connection is in the area near the rear passenger side wheel.
  2. D

I had a chance to crawl under the explorer and can confirm that the brake and battery charger wires are there. The brake wire is a 12ga blue wire and the switched power wire is a 12ga orange wire right next to the blue brake wire. Only thing left to verify is if the programming exists for tow...
  3. D

I found the "tow" switch and bezel on ebay.. I'm thinking it will be plug and play and that the trans is already programed. Also ordered the short harness from the plug under the dash to my break controller. I found a wiring diagram for a Ford 7 way, looks similar to what I have so hopefully the...
  4. D

I was afraid of that. Perhaps if I can find a wiring diagram I can tie in with a universal 7-pin. The 4 way is already in place, so all I really need is the 12v aux and brake wire. Assuming they are already in that big connector waiting for me. Anybody have a pin out of that connector ?
  5. D

The rear harness connects between two large connectors on the rear passenger side. I found a part number for a 2012 Explorer with tow package and rear sensors without ID. (Whatever that is) Part # db5z15k868g Can anyone verify this harness contains the connection for a 7-pin? I checked and all...
  6. D

I recently purchased a 2012 Explorer XLT that did not have the factory tow package. The dealer installed the factory hitch receiver with 4-pin flat. There is an empty space in the hitch frame where the 7-pin should go. I need to add this and a brake controller. I've read that the wiring may...
Back