Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Looking for a couple parts for 2 different year Explorers.

Looking for the Roof bars that go across on a '03 Explorer XLT. Mine didn't come with them with it being a used vehicle. Tried all the local salvage yards but nothing. They don't have to look anything great. I can sand them and re-paint them without a problem. 2nd is an '06 Explorer been...
  2. C

Proper Torque settings for pulleys '03 4.0

For the idler pulley and the belt tensioner? Can't seem to find them in the manual I have. For a '03 Explorer with the 4.0 K Flex Engine in it. Been awhile since I have been on here. Since I bought it in Sept 2017 with 63K on it and I just passed 77K on it. Thanks in advance
  3. C

2003 4.0 Vin K PCV Valve Location

Kind of a dumb question but I have looked around for the PCV Valve as I was going to replace it but not having any such luck. I thought it was on the back of the intake on the drivers side but it isn't there just a hose going into a hose nipple built into the intake. Do these Vin K have a PCV...
  4. C

Best replacement Battery

For our Explorers, I know most Fords use a 65 series battery and it is time to replace the battery that came with my 2003 4.0 Explorer when I bought it in Sept of last year. It is a Interstate with 650 CCA and I am looking to go bigger for a couple reasons like the weather I deal with in the...
  5. C

Looking for a Subwoofer box for a 2003 XLT Explorer

I don't have a factory subwoofer in mine. I also don't have the ability to make my own as I just don't have the skills or the tools to do so being disabled. So I am looking for some pictures to bring to someone local near Green Bay or maybe someone to make me one for a decent price possibly...
  6. C

WTB 2003 Ford Explorer Cargo Shade Cover

Looking for one in Dark Graphite Cover. I can order a new OEM one for 100 shipped from a couple different ford dealers online but would like to see if I can find one used at a decent price shipped. I know this is probably going to be difficult but it doesn't hurt to try! Thanks in advance
  7. C

2003 Ford Explorer Question's on fluids

I just purchased a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 Vin K Flex. It has just under 63,000 miles on it and while it has been used less then 48,000 miles by the original owner and then 15,000 miles by her daughter, it still has a lot of the stock fluids and parts on it. It is in mint condition and got it...
Back