Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

1. Visited 3 closest dealers to me and they are all run roughly the same. 2. If you lived in Los Angeles, you would realize going to another dealer 10 miles away could mean a 2hr round trip drive or if a rental/loaner isn't available, it might be a $60 uber. Not practical when my 2020 Explorer...
  2. B

My dealership isn't the best when it comes to appointments but it's Ford's fault for having so many transmission parts on "National Backorder". It literally took 4 weeks to get a transmission wiring harness because no dealer had them in stock and it was a backorder. If Ford didn't have so many...
  3. B

The new transmission that was put in my 2020 Explorer is still crap. Shifts weird and hesitates. Can't wait to lemon this, get a good amount of $$$ from Ford and move on. I had a 2014 Explorer and besides it being FWD, I loved it. Ford sucks now.
  4. B

If Ford didn’t have so many transmission issues, they wouldn’t backorder so many parts. This 10 speed has more complaints than I have ever seen and the 2021’s aint much better
  5. B

Ford not knowing how to properly design a transmission and not having parts in stock for repairs is Ford’s problem. Once they finally tore down the transmission, the wiring harness was on a 10 day backorder so it really didn’t matter. Ford is not what it used to be
  6. B

Ford's service and quality is terrible. My dealer is great but when there is soooooo many transmission issues, it's hard to get someone's car fixed. My 2020 needed a rebuild and when that didn't work they replaced the transmission, in the shop for 42 days. Dealer couldn't even look at it for 10...
  7. B

Suing Ford for Lemon - Lemon Law

Thanks. Actually, the seat has been documented twice being fixed and still squeaks and that was also at 700 miles looking at the invoice so we are good!
  8. B

Thanks! What if it is multiple different repairs? It’s been the paint (700 miles), the seat (4000 miles) and the transmission (17000 miles), all three occuring at different times but together puts it over the 30day mark in California
  9. B

Lemon law states that any vehicle with less than 18,000 miles on it and been in the shop for more than 30 days qualifies for a lemon where Ford has to either buy the vehicle back from you or put you in a new similar vehicle. I don’t want another Explorer, so I would go with them buying it...
  10. B

2020 Explorer with 17k miles on it, starting the lemon process because it’s been in the repair shop for over 40 days, this time needed a whole new transmission. The first repair was done with 700 miles on the odometer and was the back two doors needing to be repainted. Couple questions for those...
  11. B

2021 Ford Explorer Paint Issues

I had a bubble on both my back doors and it went to the dealer-sponsored body shop for repaint at 700 miles. I have a 2020 Explorer. Luckily I'm lemoning my car now in CA but that's because I had countless transmission and seat issues being in the shop over 30 days. I was told Ford does not spot...
  12. B

Pre-Collision and Powertrain Malfunction Warnings

Is there a TSB related to this for RWD 2020 Explorers?
  13. B

Transmission Issue with Reverse and roll in Park

Service advisor just called and said that a wiring harness is on a backorder with no ETA so now they can get me a free rental. Now it's replacing the main valve body, park brake solenoid and the valve body harness because of a short. Little coincidence seeing as I went there last night and...
  14. B

Update: Ford said it was a park brake solenoid and “other parts”. Also said they were doing the TSB for the main valve body but parts are on backorder. Seeing as all the other problems I had, the car will be in the shop over 30 days and per CA law qualifies for a lemon. I have an attorney...
  15. B

Managed to get the car to the Ford dealer and park it in the service bay so they can hopefully look at it in the morning. Car drives fine in Drive, but doesn’t recognize park or reverse and throws 2 codes: P07E4 and P288B. I had the cooler replaced and a software update already for this...
  16. B

2020 Explorer with 17k miles. Transmission today decided to not want to reverse. The backup camera came on but it wouldn’t reverse. Shut the car off turned it back on and it seemed to be normal again but then when we put it in park, it would roll as if the brake didn’t engage. No lights, no...
  17. B

2020 Fuel Filter?

Does anyone know if there is a fuel filter for the 2020 Explorers XLT? If so, what is a part number. I see on Ford Parts it lists a bracket and connector, but no filter.
  18. B

Whipple Intercooler

I've had a 91 octane performance tune from ssi on my 2.3 explorer and it's fantastic. Been about 11 months and 11k since I've had it and no issues with the tune. Transmission cooler was leaking which was common, returned the ecu back to stock, dealer replace and re-flashed the tune when they...
  19. B

Whipple Intercooler

Can this intercooler fit on a 2020 Explorer XLT not an st?
  20. B

Bro, I did that with a transmission leaking that had to get towed in. 17 key cycles, returned it to stock 2hrs before tow truck arrived. No problems with Ford replacing tranny cooler and refilling 6qts. Next.
  21. B

A tune only voids it if they find out. I had a tune on it before the leak, maybe a week before. Discovered the leak, removed the tune, fixed under warranty, re installed tune and have had no problems for 4k miles since then. Ford can find a tune if they really suspect but they usually only dive...
  22. B

1. Make sure your transmission cooler isn't leaking on your Ford, TSB for it 2. If it is still shifting weird, I recommend getting a tune. Once my transmission cooler was fixed and refilled to the proper level, the tune I got from SSI has made the transmission shift way better. Plus they have a...
  23. B

Transmission cooler TSB completed or not?

Ask for an OASIS by the dealer based on the VIN. When I had my 2014 Explorer and they were trying to see if a TSB was going to be covered under powertrain warranty or not, they gave me an OASIS report that listed every warranty repair every performed and specifically what warranty covered my...
  24. B

Problems with 2020/2021 Explorer

Mine was built in November of 2019 and had a transmission issue at 8000 miles. Ended up being the transmission cooler that was replaced under warranty. Are you near LAX?
Back