Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

96 Ford explorer speedometer not working

Oka Okay, yeah he tried to read it with an scanner but like I tole him my check engine light is not on so nothing came up on the scan.
  2. E

okay so update! I took it to a mechanic and he told me all I need is a radiator flush do any of that sound right to you? Would a radiator flush really help me shift gears better because I found out I can go into second gear but every time it shifts to second gear the OD light starts flashing.
  3. E

Oh wow! okay well I gotta get it fixed
  4. E

Yeah I just tested it. it's now just skipping over 2nd. just a guess how much do you think it would cost to get a rebuild?
  5. E

I don't have a OBD reader. but on Monday I'm taking it into the shop to put it on scanner.
  6. E

No this is the first time it skipped gears ever since the snap sound. Yes, it goes into first and then slams into 3rd and that's when my light start flashing. I'm not sure of here the oil leak is but it's a over my driveway. could it be from when they didn't put my speed sensor on correctly?
  7. E

Hi, I have a 1996 Ford explorer, I got a couple months ago. my Ford have been running fine and I take really good care of it. last month I was doing a lot of driving on the freeway and city. And while I was driving to my friends house I heard a loud snap and my speedometer started going crazy...
Back