Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Squeaking when turning after just starting up.

Alrighty, here's the lay down. I just replaced the front wheel bearings, but still nothing different about the squeaking. I suppose I should have been smarter about it, since it has just come to my attention that the noise is not supposed to happen when going over speed bumps too. Mechanic...
  2. I

Rough Automatic Transmission

Hello! So I thought I would check really quickly with you guys on opinions with what's going on. My transmission has been shifting really rough lately. When accelerating it's mostly fine, it's rough as in you can feel it noticeably in the car. After a heavy acceleration and letting off the gas...
  3. I

Checkup and Repairs

Heyo! I own a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, with the 5l v8 engine. I just replaced my front brake pads (I can actually slow down at a reasonable speed now) and brought the car to a mechanic to perform a checkup on the entire vehicle. News ain't good, but for a 201k mile vehicle, I didn't...
  4. I

'96 JBL Stereo Harness

Hello! I'm looking for how to connect an aftermarket head unit to the factory amplifier unit for the door speakers. A pinout for the RCU and how to connect it to that would be fantastic, but me and my buddy have been stumped at finding out how to get the sucker to work. It's a 1996 Ford...
  5. I

Able to Use Factory Sub Wiring?

Hey! So my Ford Explorer 1996 came with the JBL Sound System option, and I was looking to replace the head unit and install a subwoofer in the back of my car. I already have the subwoofer, amp, head unit and mounting kit for all of it but I was curious if I could use the already existing wires...
  6. I

1996 Explorer EGR Valve repair

Hello! So I've had a longstanding engine warning light stuck on my dash for awhile that will, every so now and then, turn off for a little bit but eventually turn back on again. One of my friends has a spare ODBII reader so I borrowed that from him to check it out. I believe it read P0401...
Back