Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Derrick C.

Help a guy out fellas......

A new member PMed me this ? and I couldn't answer it so I'm turning to you all to help him out. His login name is BettyFord so if you want to anwser it here or PM him its up to you. I have a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT (6 Cylinder) and therefore assume that it has a PATS II anti-theft system...
  2. Derrick C.

Drivetrain Gods????

Some of you know that I did buy NOTAJPs old solid axle swapped Exploder awihle back. Well we'll fast forward to the first time I got it into the dirt. Took her out just to see how she handled in the dirt and I managed to nail a rock with the front diff and just kinda rolled over it unti it hit...
  3. Derrick C.

my93x

Traded some stuff to him for a T-maxx. Great guy!!! :thumbsup: Deal was done weeks ago and hes still helping me with the truck. Real pleasure doin business with. :)
  4. Derrick C.

Pit Bull tires???

Any one have any REAL info on the tires them self other then thread depth and tire size??? Anyone that hasn't heard of them. Go to click here . Heres a pic of there rock crawling tire called the "Rocker".
  5. Derrick C.

New Bilsteins???

Has anyone found any REAL info or prices on the new Bilstein 9300 series Black Hawks??? I've found very little info on them.
  6. Derrick C.

New look on the way!!!!!!

Roughly 8 moths ago I set out on a mission but my dreams were killed. I wanted an update look for my tired 92 box. I wanted something different then the update Explorer look. I found a kit for 80s Rangers to update them to a 1 peice Ranger Edge clip. I did ALOT of research and alot of time on...
  7. Derrick C.

The king lives on!!!! WARNING gorry pics!!!!

Well on Dec. 4th I hurt my knee playing basketball. Kinda buckled sideways and immediately swelled up. Limped on it for a week before seein the doc. Sent me in for X-rays and then a week later an MRI. X-ray showed nothing bad but the MRI showed a defict behind my knee cap and alot of fluid...
  8. Derrick C.

Let the fun begin!!!!!! SAS time!!!!

After blowin up the left front brake rotor some weeks ago I decided to rip it all out and go solid with my daily driver. Don't worry........the portaled 2 gen. is still in the works. Girlfriend is makin me spend money else where. Alright lets get dirty. The axle is a 6 lug dana 44 from an 81...
  9. Derrick C.

Finally another good whoops to add to my belt....

Well lets see.......Sittin around the house today and decided that my girlfriend and I would go over to our friends house for dinner. They live out in the country just 15 minutes away from me. So then heres the fun........... This gave NO warning......no noises.....no steering...
  10. Derrick C.

Got a ? about fiberglass........

This is for 84-92 Rangers. My ? is would this fit my 92 Explorer and if not how much of modding do you think it would take to do it??? Heres a pic of the one peice conversion.
  11. Derrick C.

Finally got my dual battery tray done...

I got off my butt like a month ago to do this and got like half way through before I got sick of it.:) Got some battery boxes from Schucks and made a mod to them. They come with plastic clamps to clamp the box down to what ever you mount it to. Dumbasses!!! So I threw those away and made...
  12. Derrick C.

4wd to 2wd????

This is for my brother-in-law. He also has a 92 Explorer 4x4. He wants to know if the mounting points for the I-beams and such are the same on both 2wd X's and 4wd X's. Hope you guys can help cause I wasn't sure.
  13. Derrick C.

My baby made it home!!!!!

Thats the Alpine MRD-M1000!!!! 1800 watts peak!!!! Fully digital!!!
  14. Derrick C.

What do you use while using your bender???

I'm just wondering what all you other guys use. Me personally, I use WD-40. Works pretty good but I'm wondering if theres something else that works better.
  15. Derrick C.

ANYONE........

Have ANY info or 1 on 1 opinions about the STSs. I'm ready for a new set tires and not one person around here has them yet so I have no idea what the real world results are of these.
  16. Derrick C.

Atlas 5.1???

Has anyone heard anything on prices???
  17. Derrick C.

What kind of on board air is everyone running???

I'm running my ARB compressor and I have a portable Quick Air 2. Just wondering what everyone else uses before leaving the trail or on the trail. Anyone use CO2 yet???
  18. Derrick C.

Derricks X getting Portals.......

A few of the members figured it out what I've been working on the last few weeks. CoryL asked me to start a thread so we could discuss this further. My plans so far: 1 front and 1 rear(no rear steer) Unimog 404 axles from killeraxles.com . Chopping the rear of my X off.(frame and all)...
  19. Derrick C.

Pros & Cons of buggy-leaf set-up????

Since I'm going full width front and rear I was thinkin last night about what to do for the rear. I came up with something......Buggy leaf. I did some research but nothing of what I'm looking for. I want some info on what leaf to use as the buggy part. Best way to mount it to the frame...
  20. Derrick C.

How much db have you listened to???

Well our stereo comp. started yesterday. We use Slap db for our shows. Well I got the job of installing the db mic in all the vehicles as they came through and then running the meter. All I can say is wow!:eek: Some people know there **** and some don't. The highest of the db drag was 168.0...
  21. Derrick C.

Still Explorer but different.....

Before:
  22. Derrick C.

The ultimate Dana 44????

Alright I'm getting ready to ship my 44 to the shop to be built. I'll give you a list of what I'm doing and there price to do it. You tell me if its a reseasonable price. 1. 4.88 gears 2. Detroit Locker 3. Chromoly/Alloy shafts 4. CTM joints 5. Calipers 6. Rotors 7. All seals and...
  23. Derrick C.

Any one seen the Camburg Ranger????

I found some pretty damn cool pics and video of it.Camburg Ranger
  24. Derrick C.

New Krawlers are on the way....

I just put my order in for a set of the 35x13.50 BFG Krawlers. My buddy owns his own tire shop and he just happens to be a BFG dealer so I figured what the hell. For anyone that hasn't found prices on these yet I got mine for $240 a tire. As soon as he gets his tire groover I'll sell my set...
  25. Derrick C.

Fitting 38s.......

I'm on a quest to run 38" Swamps for the snow this year. Doing some searching here it seems to be people are just trimming what they see and stop at 35s. Well I just got the fiberglass on and did some major searching under there and found how I'm going to accomplish this. Everyone know that on...
Back