Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Interior Door panel issue / separation

I had my Exploder in for service yesterday, and the dealership said it's now a recall and they'll be fixing it as soon as some specialized tool they are waiting on arrives from Ford.
  2. M

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

Good point. After I found out about the water pump issue, I wouldn't have purchased if I weren't able to get a good deal on a very extended ESP plan.
  3. M

$50-$60 an hour? That was the rate decades ago. I haven't seen anything under $100/hr in years.
  4. M

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Either Flood Ford or Joel Hawley at Two Rivers (800-900-1000 x1007) give you the best pricing for the Ford ESP. If you search around a bit, there are several threads on it, the biggest here.
  5. M

Just bought 2015 sport, loss of power

Glad they're at least onto it!
  6. M

Aloha!

Aloha!
  7. M

Actually, that's not an uncommon issue with this motor, and would have deterred me from buying the vehicle if I couldn't get an extended warranty. If you do a search and cruise through the water pump threads, someone had a source to buy a new motor for around $3600~.
  8. M

Car or Truck?

Wikipedia classifies minivans and mpv's as the same thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_classification#Minivans_.2F_MPVs
  9. M

Car or Truck?

How is it different from a mini van? Slightly more ground clearance and no sliding door? We call ours the Exploder. Not because we don't like it, we just think it's funny.
  10. M

Purchasing used: Should I worry about the internal water pump?

I ended up finding a 2015 locally that still has some factory warranty. I may add some additional ESP, depending on the cost. I hate buying cars, and I'd love to have a warranty to cover me to 100k.
  11. M

As I sit here crunching the numbers, and I'm finding that used car with warranty costs about the same as new at the end of the day. Frustrating that warranties are so expensive. I haven't purchased a vehicle in so long that I'm shocked by what things cost today. Looks like I may end up with a...
  12. M

Thanks for the tip! I've been trying to price warranties around this morning. Sadly, most of them want upwards of 20% of the cost of the vehicle, which doesn't make sense financially and negates some of the cost advantages of buying used. I did try entering the vehicle information at the...
  13. M

Aloha, I'm currently in the middle of purchasing a 2013 XLT with 41k miles. Should I be concerned about the internal water pump? I know it's a bad design that can lead to destroyed motors, and to be honest, I'm looking to drive the car reliably for at least 10 years. Also, I live on an outer...
Back