Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2002 Transmission question

Well guys so far so good finally got exp back together! Took me forever it seemed. Biggest issue was the oil pan gasket. Had a small leak so I replaced the gasket. I kept popping the heads off the bolts as I was applying the final torque. So I ordered new friction bolts and did it again...
  2. C

Well guys so far so good finally got exp back together! Took me forever it seemed. Biggest issue was the oil pan gasket. Had a small leak so I replaced the gasket. I kept popping the heads off the bolts as I was applying the final torque. So I ordered new friction bolts and did it again...
  3. C

I simply went with the Ford mercon V thru preillys it was much more expensive but it is factory spec. Close to 7' buckx a quart. But I figure first fill. Do it right. Less issues later.
  4. C

Missed oneart of your question. Trans cost $1850. The cooler and lines another $250. Other incidentals new raditor fluid and trans fluid about $200 Im at abobubt $2200 tp 2300 in the trans alone. I did get the cooler lines and transfer gasket thru the dealer their price was really close to...
  5. C

Well drew, it was a non stock torque converter I made them send me a new stck one because of the problem. It did the same thing with both converters. Now I am finishing up the install of all the parts that I had to take off to get the tranny out. This vehicle is fighting me at every turn...
  6. C

Well folks I have figured out the answer. To y question.n. It took a big case of F.I. to get the torque converter to .move forward by wedging something into the bell housing and pulling it forward at each stud it finally came forward enough to grab the tread on one of the studs. Then I rotated...
  7. C

2002 explorer 4x4 4.0L

2002 explorer 4x4 4.0L
  8. C

Thanks for the reply for some reason I can't see what I'm typing so please excuse any oops. So far I cannot get the converter to wiggle forward enough to g a nut on the shaft. It seems like it should but the front diff is a bit of a hindrance to this. I made a rough version of a pry bar to try...
  9. C

Uwell Thanks for the reply.
  10. C

Hi all! New to this forum but not new to forums. I have an interesting question I would like to see if someone could answer for me. I am replacing the 5R55S trans with a reman. I cannot get the torque converter to go far enough forward so that I can put the nuts on the flexplate to converter...
Back