Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Engine Problems

yeah...... Shorty is worth his weight in gold!!!! helped me many times in the past..... years ago!!!!
  2. N

2002 4x4 problems

changed out the module today Like everybody else that has done this change out it took all of 10 minutes and a 9/32 socket which fits all the bolts you need to remove and replace. Although I did break a little plastic piece off of the plastic retaining clip ( the grey one ) I think it will be...
  3. N

2002 4x4 problems

Rockauto thanks for the info! Rockauto was $167 + 33 ship to canada. ordered it earlier today.
  4. N

2002 4x4 problems

I wonder If the reason the AL4D tranny issues are because of the programming in the 4x4 module... I know my tranny used to shudder under intermediate acceleration until my module blew (*from jump starting*) ford part number 1L2Z-7H473-AH. I'm replacing the module soon for $274 at a dealer in...
  5. N

Transmission problem..HELP PLEASE..

that's what I was going to suggest....change the filter. good luck bud!
  6. N

cd error fixed

my '02 was stolen and when I got it back my 6 disc cd changer was giving me " cd error" 98% of the time. I noticed that one someone had removed all but one of the cd's. so I took a screwdriver and propped the door open and I noticed that the cd error came right away instead of going through all...
  7. N

I want to flush my Transmision fluid

get the dealer to do this one bro....
  8. N

Diagnostic Code P0745

looser nascar looking back knowing you gave it your all win or loose you frinish a champion. bit those words for you didn't give it your all with your family. dale wasn't a quiter. 20 years i gave it all.the drunk your where and the stress your children put up with. having a didbeat dad. and...
  9. N

Tow package? How to tell?

right you are!!!!
  10. N

Replacing my 94 with a 2003 - What to look for?

I'm thinking about taping around the crack and forcing black ( my truck colour)scilicone into the crack....what do you all think?
  11. N

What Is This ? Unknown Cable

looks like an adjustment rod
  12. N

Possible? Unlock all doors in Park?

sounds trivial but I know what you mean...you could even damage the door handle due to the pressure from trying to open a locked door...when passengers don'tknow...you'll just have to remember to hit the unlock button on your door consoe everytime....get into the habit
  13. N

Power Steering Flush

looks like it is mixing with the old brake fluid. Possibly when you mix the two together you get a milky colour...kind of like when you have clean dish water and you take that water a put it in your roast pan it also turns milky...could be the same reaction
  14. N

02 noise when changing gear

that's new to me....hmmm
  15. N

Farewell Mr. Explorer.

wow.....hope you stop in from time to time and say hi!!!! your experience is still invaluable to the rest of us...don't forget you have friends over here. Good luck with the Jeep...it was a toss up last time a bought an suv between a jeep laredo and the gen 2 that I am selling this weekend, but...
  16. N

info center gone whack

how??????
  17. N

Paint Corrosion TSB...

3500 or better for a strip and paint I bet
  18. N

Paint Corrosion TSB...

convenient.....anyway, mine has also bubbled...and cracked...small little cracks that look like finger nail indentations all over the body...what a shame for a beautiful looking truck!!!!
  19. N

Brake lights.

my brake lights stay on sometimes also, I press the brake pedal a couple times and it goes off, thing is I don't always know when it's on. It's still covered on my Ford extended warranty for 3 more years so I'll get it fixed before the waranty is up...the warranty has got me a new tranny, new...
  20. N

brakes

vacuum build up, vacuum leak....hard to say
  21. N

2004 XLT A/C Problem

probably labour costs
  22. N

Thinking of buying 2002 Explorer xlt

update: add another $ 1000 after the tranny was rebuilt the shift solonoid went and that was another grand almost...then they gave ie the computer update file and now it is smooth as silk and everything is tiggidy-boo
  23. N

02 noise when changing gear

at least you know what you have.....it was inevitable about the tranny going not now but for sure later, no waste of money in my opinion just early is all
  24. N

AC not working. AC "spins" for a second then clicks off then repeats.

up here in the north....we use our front defrost everyday, having said that when the defrost is engaged so is the a/c compressor so it shouldn't dry o-rings because it is not idle......
Back