Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Blue Overhead Lighting in Front Seats

I get what ljn21 is saying. I have a 2017 Ex, but am guessing nothing has changed with the lighting thru the 2020 models. The ambient lighting is an interesting feature, but I'm not sure Ford didn't somewhat miss the boat with getting it right. Some observations: The lights referred to in...
  2. V

Voice Commands

:)Hey Steve. Peter is a subject matter expert on this forum, but let me throw my 2 cents in on what you're asking. First, as they point out, Sync 3 is not Sync 3; i.e. it varies across the year models and I believe even the makes of vehicles. So with that said you always have to compare model...
  3. V

Voice Commands

So my takeaway from your explanation was your #1 priority is to fix the system so "Navigate to the Horseshoe" works properly :) Thanks much for the clear, concise, and nicely presented information. It does make sense in the engineering world, but I'm not so sure it does once you jump...
  4. V

Voice Commands

Thanks Peterk9. Most appreciated. That was one of my points about update notifications. I'm all signed up on the website and would assume it would push a notification to me about an update, especially since the login username is my e-mail address. Seems like this used to work, but doesn't...
  5. V

Voice Commands

QUOTE="UofMEngineer, post: 3801937, member: 348905"]Shoot me some examples of exactly what you're saying, and the POI names, I may be able to help. The item where results can show up across the country is the nav search engine. Some POIs get promoted so even if they're outside the area, they'll...
  6. V

Is the large portrait screen worth it in a platinum trim?

I'll reply in the other thread you started...
  7. V

Great review geronimo! I think this is what the thread starter was looking for. Yes - across all platforms it seems like screen real estate can't quite be figured out in terms of efficient use and/or it gets pirated. Case in point. We now have massive sized televisions but after they pirate...
  8. V

Hey guys, I'll take the hit for probably getting this thread a tad off topic which was Blagrata asking about the differences in screen sizes and possible limitations. My bottom line was a recommendation to comparison shop if the infotainment/interior features is an important part of your...
  9. V

Got it. Thanks for the info. Exactly what I have experienced with my F250; nothing major and 160K. The unfortunate part about any warranty, vehicle or otherwise, is darn near needing a legal degree to understand them and in the end, my general experience has been most aren't worth the paper...
  10. V

BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: Unless you're Hades bent on getting a Ford product, in particular an Explorer, I would recommend giving due diligence to seriously examining other makes. I have a 2017 Platinum. Recently read an article that reviewed and compared a similarly equipped Explorer, Kia...
  11. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Zodiac - that would be fantastic, but would likely require some intervention from the top rung people on this website. I'm not on here that often, but it doesn't appear there are convenient ways to insert, as an example, an update file as part of a post. Peter - any thoughts?
  12. V

SYNC 3 latest version

I just don't work with zipped files that often any more, so I'm not sure what happened with mine. The zipped file was on my desktop, and I drug it to the USB drive in the File Explorer window. it said "move" during this drag/drop and not "copy", so maybe that had something to do with it. It...
  13. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Sadly, what you mention is TOTALLY believable in today's world. Either a bunch of "yesmen" who only really care about their career and getting to the next level and/or not hurting somebody's feelings by telling them to go back to the drawing board and start over or afraid to say what's really...
  14. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Bummer. Just read your reply and sorry to hear that. If you do decide to try one other thing, but standby for frustration, is to re-register yourself and that vehicle on the website? Sadly it appears there is no way to delete your original account there and not even a way to modify the...
  15. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Hey there BerndM. I just had some luck with my 17 EX Plat. The online instructions aren't that good for using a USB. The abbreviated version is clean everything off your USB drive. Download their file to someplace other than the USB drive (a good place would be your desktop). Move the...
  16. V

SYNC 3 latest version

BLUF: Success with updating to version 3.0 via PC/USB/Flashdrive after using MS Edge instead of Firefox as my browser to download the file(s). Details: What a goatrope! Decided to troubleshoot the website going in to an infinite search mode with the spinning circle. I was using Firefox so...
  17. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Thanks. So just keeping the math simple, that would take about 4 minutes to download through my WiFi system and I have left the power on for that long with the system scanning and apparently never finding anything. Started wondering if anybody has had the cojones to try a system reset since...
  18. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Interesting about the radio. Was not aware of that nor have I tried it. I also wonder how much of this kind of stuff sort of semi winds up in the owners manual. I gave up looking at those years ago as companies started fielding more technology and not really knowing how or how much to present...
  19. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Can you tell me how big the update file was that wound up on your USB flashdrive and what the file name was? I can't even make that piece work (download) from my PC. Thanks in advance.
  20. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Sgt1411 is spot on as usual. Data point(s) for my '17 Explorer Platinum currently running V2.3. Short version - nothing works in terms of updates. Could be that I'm impatient, but doubtful due to Ford's track record... Details - Would have thought the way this works is truly automatic. Ford...
  21. V

SYNC 3 latest version

John, I believe the answer to the first 2 questions is yes. I have no experience with the lights. That info might show up in another thread. From what I've heard and read on this forum, people who are buying 2018 models are the only ones getting the "official" V3.0 from the factory. You can...
  22. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Great! Thanks for that data point Jason. Hope they get all the bugs worked out before releasing it to the field, if that's what their standard practice is. Wondering if there is any official documentation on what V3.0 has that previous versions did not. When I upgraded from V2.0 to V2.3...
  23. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Does anybody know if there is different software versions being released for the US vs Canada? Assuming you bought your 2018 in Canada. Anybody bought a 2018 in the US and confirmed V3.0 is loaded? Seems bizarre (well, not really at this point with all the other buffoonery) there would not be...
  24. V

SYNC 3 latest version

Thanks for the formula. The only unknown for me at this point is what bit rate the Alexa app runs when streaming music. It must be relatively high because the sound quality is WAY better than Sirius. I'm talking about the built in Sirius functionality in the Sync3 infotainment system, not a...
  25. V

SYNC 3 latest version

From other forums, it sounds like Sync3 still takes a close 2nd or 3rd place behind other vehicle makes infotainment systems in terms of the nav features and functionality. We had a 2013 with MFT and the change to Sync3 with our 2017 is noticeably faster and there are improvements, but if...
Back