Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

vacuum reservoir?

Bought a 2001 Sport Trac 4WD 4.0 SOHC last week with a similar problem. When the engine was rebuilt, it looks like they left the vac reservoir off. Now I need to find the source of the vacuum going into the reservoir.
  2. K

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

Thanks. I'll check for that. Hooked up the red line to the black line, and at least I have A/C right now. But I still need to route the black line back to its source. Anyone know where that hookup is (before the vacuum reservoir)?
  3. K

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

Well, I just jacked up the truck and found that the black line running on the frame rail is actually power. The vacuum reservoir has been removed, so there is no supply line. So, now I wonder where the source of the black supply line is in the engine? Until I get another reservoir, I can patch...
  4. K

Thanks so much, Turdle. I assume by "fuel pressure regulator," you are talking about the small canister sitting below the alternator? Or is it something else?
  5. K

I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but I'm new to the forum. This thread has been hugely helpful to my understanding! I have a new-to-me 2001 Sport Trac 4WD with a 4.0 SOHC. It has the same issue with defrost-only HVAC as many others. I have found 3 (at least, up to this point) disconnected...
Back