Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Losing coolant

Pressure test revealed leak in the radiator on the top left side (drivers side). At least it's not a head gasket. Thanks!
  2. F

Losing coolant

Thanks, I will check these out over the weekeed! I was fearing head gasket but hopefully it's one of these.
  3. F

Losing coolant

I've been losing coolant in our 4.6ltr. Almost a gallon I'm the last month between the radiator and overflow. Already replaces radiator cap. Some white residue around cap. No white smoke and oil looked ok. Any ideas?
  4. F

Blowing cold

Finally checked radiator and it was about 3/4gal low! Cap must not be working to allow it to pull from the overflow. Now, where did all that coolant go...... just bought the car a few weeks ago, hopefully it had just never been checked in a long time and bled into the overflow..... sigh
  5. F

Blowing cold

Just noticed that it seems to blow warm when it's revved up. Thermostat?
  6. F

Blowing cold

Overflow was full but haven't lifted the cap to look yet
  7. F

Blowing cold

Also around the same time we noticed that when accelerating it sometimes sounds like the engine fan is running full blast. Not sure if this could be related.
  8. F

Blowing cold

Our 2006 mountaineer with climate control blows only cold almost all the time. Even set at 90. Occasionally it works and switches to hot air but then goes back to cold. All the coolant lines under the hood are hot to touch. Both sides of the dual zone are doing it the same No clicking from...
  9. F

Heated seats

Disregard. I went ahead and hooked everything up with the ground wire jumped to the seat base and it's working now. It might not have been when I tested it because I didn't have everything tightened up very well. Thanks a ton for the help. It gets hot really fast
  10. F

Heated seats

Jumped to 12v when I grounded the voltmeter on the seatbase. When i jump the - side of the heating element to the frame it still doesnt seem to be working even with 12v running between it and the ground.
  11. F

Heated seats

Ah that makes sense, ill check the ground next and hope that is it. The rest of the power seat works fine so it may not be. Thanks
  12. F

Heated seats

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like its going to be a hidden mystery. I night just buy a 20 dollar aftermarket kit and tap into the cig plug in yhe center console. Unless anyone knows of a common problem area to check for a bad ground.
  13. F

Heated seats

I checked on the two leads that the heating element plugs into. And the unfortunate thing is that the wires dissapear into an inch thick bundle.
  14. F

Heated seats

My driver's side heated seat is not working. The light on the button on the dash does come on. I put a test light to the connection and it had power so I thought the heating element was bad. I bought a new one but it still doesn't work. I put a voltmeter on it and found that it only has about...
  15. F

Repainting and armrest handle retrofit on 06 interior door panel.

Love the door cup idea, is it solid and were yoy able to run a screw through it?
  16. F

Newer stereo on older model

The nav unit in ours doesn't have an auxiliary function so I don't thik that would work. That would be good though.
  17. F

Newer stereo on older model

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the stereo in a 2006 model with one from the 2009 and newer that has Bluetooth? We have a 2006 Mountaineer with the nice navigation stereo but I would like to have Bluetooth connectivity. My wife really likes and buttons on the factory stereo. I do...
  18. F

Buyers tips?

Doesn't sound too bad. Thsnks
  19. F

Buyers tips?

how difficult or expensive is this of a fix?
  20. F

Buyers tips?

Thanks all for the tips. I don't mind a little wrenching and I like that one can swap broken power seats for manual ones. I just did the plugs on my V10 and lucked out! Its a 2010 though and they are 1 piece. I did just find out the carfax on this mountaineer shows it was totalled in Michigan...
  21. F

Buyers tips?

New member here and current shopper of 06-2010 Mountaineers. My wife had a Milan and likes the Mercury but we are also looking at Explorers. Any tips on things to check out when test driving? Our sights are currently on a 06 Mountaineer with 118k miles. Its a Premier with the V8 an AWD. I have...
Back