Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Losing coolant

I've been losing coolant in our 4.6ltr. Almost a gallon I'm the last month between the radiator and overflow. Already replaces radiator cap. Some white residue around cap. No white smoke and oil looked ok. Any ideas?
  2. F

Blowing cold

Our 2006 mountaineer with climate control blows only cold almost all the time. Even set at 90. Occasionally it works and switches to hot air but then goes back to cold. All the coolant lines under the hood are hot to touch. Both sides of the dual zone are doing it the same No clicking from...
  3. F

Heated seats

My driver's side heated seat is not working. The light on the button on the dash does come on. I put a test light to the connection and it had power so I thought the heating element was bad. I bought a new one but it still doesn't work. I put a voltmeter on it and found that it only has about...
  4. F

Newer stereo on older model

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the stereo in a 2006 model with one from the 2009 and newer that has Bluetooth? We have a 2006 Mountaineer with the nice navigation stereo but I would like to have Bluetooth connectivity. My wife really likes and buttons on the factory stereo. I do...
  5. F

Buyers tips?

New member here and current shopper of 06-2010 Mountaineers. My wife had a Milan and likes the Mercury but we are also looking at Explorers. Any tips on things to check out when test driving? Our sights are currently on a 06 Mountaineer with 118k miles. Its a Premier with the V8 an AWD. I have...
Back