Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

96 Explorer eating 4R70W's

I have a 1996 explorer with the 5.0 and 4r70w with bw4406 swap. I rebuilt the motor in it almost 3 years ago, and had a reputable transmission builder rebuild the trans as a precautionary measure as I was planning to use the explorer as a daily driver. After getting the transmission back from...
  2. A

Issues after sitting for 2 years with new motor and trans

Been a while since I have been active on the boards here, but its been a while since I've had my truck running and driving. Anyways, my truck has been plagued with a bad transmission builder for the past 3 years and has been sitting in his lot for the past 18 months. I finally managed to get a...
  3. A

troubleshooting after sitting for 2 years with new motor and trans

Been a while since I have been active on the boards here, but its been a while since I've had my truck running and driving. Anyways, my truck has been plagued with a bad transmission builder for the past 3 years and has been sitting in his lot for the past 18 months. I finally managed to get a...
  4. A

Door locks and window switches

Okay so on my 96 5.0L I have an electrical issue that I have not done much trouble shooting on but I figured o would ask about it to see if it's a common problem with a possible simple fix. The issue is that none of the windows will roll up or down from the switches on their respective doors but...
  5. A

96 5.0 needs a new motor

So my 96 5.0 is getting pretty tired and it' time for a rebuild, but since it's my daily driver I am looking to buy another motor to build and swap in to minimize downtime. The question I have is what problems will I run into if I get a later model 5.0 to build? Ideally I'd like to find another...
  6. A

Torque monster headers leaking collector

So I installed some torque monsters last weekend and have been battling a leak at the collector on the driver side. I had originlly tightened the flair down on the collector out of square which cause a huge leak. I loosened the bolts and squared it up and tightened the bolts back up and the leak...
  7. A

96 explorer with gangster lean

So as the title says, my 96 is leaning slightly to left. I have recently replaces both rear leaf sets with new ones from rockauto, put in new Rancho shocks all around, war shackles and add a leaf to the new springs, as well as a 2 inch TT. But the truck still leans to the left even with an...
  8. A

96 AWD Pre runner

Hello, I just joined this forum and am looking for some advice on long travel suspension options for my 96 AWD explorer. I've had the truck about a year and am wanting to be able to take it to the dunes and haul ass through the air and also take it on trails through the woods. I'm not worried...
Back