Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Alptbird

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

that shaft needs to be replaced.... no questions...
  2. Alptbird

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Continued my storm trooper theme under the hood.... Painted the k&n kit to match and put a little theme on it....
  3. Alptbird

Modified N/A Explorers

I went down to my ford dealership and they had the 2014 limited alternator and the “heavy duty” from the interceptor use on hand. Side by side they are the same. The heavy duty in the limited vs the heavy duty of the interceptor is a difference of 15 amps. Which is by design cause of everything...
  4. Alptbird

Modified N/A Explorers

Yes it fits. The 3.7 is a bore out 3.5. Accessories mount basically the same.
  5. Alptbird

In my experience instal the factory half shaft/cv axles. Every after market one I have installed had a low speed wobble, specially when turning
  6. Alptbird

Modified N/A Explorers

Question how noisey is the exhaust at highway speeds?
  7. Alptbird

Modified N/A Explorers

Thank you Will_P... this is great food for thought... my wife is gonna hate me....
  8. Alptbird

Modified N/A Explorers

I haven’t even tried really. I would guess cosworth may be a good place to start. Like i said earlier The duratec v6 (cyclone) is strong but it is limited. Actually one of the best built motors out there. In stock dress.
  9. Alptbird

Modified N/A Explorers

Also I don’t seem to be finding 80mm from a v6 78 is as big as I can find the 80 from a v8.
  10. Alptbird

Modified N/A Explorers

With the new headers exhaust and throttle body , is this something you logged and sent files back and forth with livernois to maximize or have just done the basic out of the box tune? This is a good bit of a improvement to our air pumps... engines. Granted it is no cam or turbo but usually after...
  11. Alptbird

Modified N/A Explorers

Sometime the cosmetic things have to be created by user I haven’t really seen anything just terribly sic. The ex is not really a sporty statement vehicle like others. So you kind of have to make vision of your own...like mine. Not blue like yours but it can get the idea across. I have the same...
  12. Alptbird

Disappointed with Stealthbox

Boosted, yes, I kept the Sony amp for this particular set up. Co-worker didn't want to buy another amp for the mid range and highs. Let me start with "the DSR1 option is not a cost efficient way to get the result." My main point above was that the Sony system has to be taken out of the loop in...
  13. Alptbird

Disappointed with Stealthbox

I have been following this thread for a while now, and Tony407 it seems to me once you integrate the Audio control dm810 in general your bass issues should remedy themselves. I have been following because I like to know what I am getting into. I have been installing car audio for over 20 years...
  14. Alptbird

I have a relocation bracket on order. It normally wouldn’t be a problem but I put the lights on. Without the lights the plate is visible. Probably not legal but Texas is about to go to rear plate only soon. So I don’t know that the cops care much. Still getting the bracket and mounting on front.
  15. Alptbird

Continuation from previous post, today the bull bar went on. And wired in these lights to the second switch posted above.
  16. Alptbird

Aftermarket Cargo Net

Something I have found that works well is if you sheet Velcro from McMaster Carr and put the hook side on the bottom of the container. Once pressed hard the containers don’t tend to move again... or ever. Makes for a great anchor.
  17. Alptbird

Swapping Stock Amp

This is normal for the time alignment and SQ circuit of the Sony system. Only way to get rid of it is to bypass the processor. But depending on how you bypass that you will loose door chimes and few other features that ford has integrated into the Sony can bus system. As for the amp swap. My...
  18. Alptbird

Where are you located? I have one I painted? Not sure when I could ship but if you were local I could help you install it. K&n kit. Really noisey kit.... used for one drive to work.. put the factory air box back on.
  19. Alptbird

Started having noises coming from the sway bar end link brackets on the front end. In case anyone is wondering a 12” center to center end link will replace the bracket and stock end links. Works like a champ and noises are suddenly gone. They don’t return due to torque issues either.
  20. Alptbird

Also weekend project. I will also be installing a vanguard Optimus bull bar next week with some rigid dually lights.example pic below. Edit: added pictures of the power switches for the lights and a pic of the ex at the park
  21. Alptbird

The doors were precut I got off eBay. It was like 30$shipped but the rear corners and the vinyl on the side of the explorer I did, and the explorer bar in the rear.
  22. Alptbird

kit hasn't been on for long. you can look a page or so back where I was asking similar questions, and then, when I installed it. I think I have a picture of before and after. I refinished the wheels at the same time so the pictures don't do it justice. But the tire and wheel combo are still...
  23. Alptbird

basically the same thing for all explorer models. should have the same camber degree adjustments in the top plate and all. just got to make sure and orient the spacers the right way or the camber will be way positive. Edit: I can only speak for the quality I see on the Traxada kit. but it is...
  24. Alptbird

I think the 3” is the biggest. You run out of available drive shaft angle and suspension travel beyond that. And 3” from what I see is right at the edge of dependability. There will be accessive wear or premature wear in that area. Drive shafts/CVs. Just aren’t built for that much angle.
Back