Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Problems in the future

I had the V8 and had to: replace under recall the rear lift hinges, a broken passenger window that crashed into the door when a braket broke, a split rear lift gate trim panel (still don't know how this happened, cold possibly), some transmission trouble shortly after I purchased it, they...
  2. M

Fluids and additives?

Celly, could you define 'small improvement'. Is that 1.5 mpg or 5/10ths of a mpg etc. Know what I mean?
  3. M

Kelly Blue Book useful?

you could always compare it with www.edmunds.com
  4. M

Cracked Tailgate Molding

Just had mine fixed last week. Same thing..no idea how it happened. Dealer said part was $55 and then paint etc. about $250 total. Out of warranty for me but my slaesman jumped in and pulled a few strings so no cost. Got lucky. Had a bid done at Maaco and same thing $250. Good luck.try raising...
  5. M

keyless entry code?

Sorry the link didn't work. I didn't have time to check it. However I just searched again and had many pages when I looked for 'keyless entry code' one was for a 3rd gen like yours. Try it and pick a link. Seems like it might be on the passenger door panel.
  6. M

keyless entry code?

http://s88853021.onlinehome.us/explorer/keypadcode.html Search took 1.56 seconds, hope this works for you!
  7. M

which bulb

I have both in now and the silverstars are much nicer and cheaper, you can get them at Wallyworld.
  8. M

Thnking of an '03 Explorer XLT

I have an '03 v-8 with 48k on it and after reading above I feel lucky that I'm on my first tranny! I love mine and think the price you are getting seems fair according www.kkb.com I would see if the seller would go lower anyway.Check to see that all recalls/tsb's have been done. Look at...
  9. M

me+ditch=stuck

Think.....mirrors!
  10. M

can't pass a pump

Here we go.....
  11. M

can't pass a pump

Search for 'My quest for 30' or anything posted by Aldive. Oh yeah, make sure you have some time to kill 'cause you are about to be schooled! I could barely see after I got thru with that thread. Welcome to the site and good luck with your upcoming mods!
  12. M

lowering my x

Check out this option http://www.williamfraley.com/03NBX.htm I believe he used Ground Force springs
  13. M

Remote access

Did you try the cycle on/off 9 times? What happened?
  14. M

02 Explorere window Drivers

Sounds like a short of some kind. Have you checked the wires where they run from the door thru into the body? maybe some rubbing/pinching going on. Hang on I'm sure some will chime in with a fix.
  15. M

Remote access

My daughters Taurus came without keypad or remotes but using the above method found out it once had them. Went to dealer, $38 later had remote
  16. M

Remote access

On 3rd gens you can tell by getting in the X, shut door and then cycle the key between on and start(Don't turn it over but the one before it. Does that make sense? Should probably get off my butt and look to see what they are labeled) quickly 8-9 times. If you have it the locks will lock. If...
  17. M

automatic headlight sensor location ?

That's it. I couldn't figure out why my lights were on yesterday, wasn't that cloudy out but they were on. Turns out I had thrown my hat on the dash and covered the sensor. So if you want them on early chuck your hat up there! :D
  18. M

CB communications

Check www.firestik.com and read thru their recommendations. Sometimes your antenna just needs to be 'tuned'. Could also be connectors, improper length of cable etc. Might be worth it before you shell out for something else.
  19. M

Help Get Paint Off Car

Try these products. Goof-Off, or Goo Gone. Home Depot or paint store should have them. Check area first to make sure it doesn't hurt anything. Black sharpie works great as a cover up
  20. M

02 mountaineer lowering questions

search for 'Naples Bill' and see what he did to his '03.
  21. M

wow fords really tough!

Now if it was cheby the front wheels would be of the ground
  22. M

wow fords really tough!

Dude I just ate lunch! Reminds me of the college days......"I've got F..U..D..G..E".... worked every time.
  23. M

3rd gen light bulbs

Try this link. It is for an '03 but should be the same. http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm
  24. M

02 Eddie 4.6 V8, Speedometer and 4x4 low issue

If you do disco the battery only disconnect the negative side. Should not have code problems then.
Back