Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

dash popping behind navigation screen

Is this a popping noise or is something popping loose?
  2. D

30 Amp fuse issue. It blows immediately.

Start by checking the wires in the loom that goes from each door to the body. The constant movement will eventually crack old brittle insulation, and is a known issue. Dom
  3. D

Lift kits

Following up for pics of that bumper project?
  4. D

GEM Error B1834

Did you try searching the forum? https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/gem-connector-pinout-wiring-diagram-for-a-1997.425670/ I believe that’s for a 4WD 97, and I think that there are only two GEMs for this generation, 4WD, and everything else. A little more searching might find...
  5. D

***HELP*** 02 Steering Issue

Welcome to the forum. Is this a 2WD or 4WD? Best advice I can give is for you to stop driving the vehicle until this is fixed, and find another mechanic. The ‘clock spring’ will not bind your steering to the point of having to ‘muscle through’. There could possibly be an issue in your...
  6. D

LED headlight bulbs error message

I can’t believe the self righteousness in this thread. I thought I found a forum without the ‘drama’. I digress. In my area, if I called the police to report illegal LED bulbs they would hang up on me. I’m fine with that, I’d rather they keep tabs on the drug dealers and gang bangers.
  7. D

Silicone Blades

Those Bosch blades are good blades, but they are graphite & rubber, not silicone. OP asked about silicone blades.
  8. D

Silicone Blades

There’s a few threads on the forum with mixed opinions. Might want to do a search before laying down $60 on wipers. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/silicone-wiper-blade-problems.104115/
  9. D

RIM fitting

I don’t see the offset listed….. if the wheels sit in too much they will rub the suspension, stick out to far and you may rub the fenders.
  10. D

3 inch suspension 1.5 body lift tire size

As others have said, with 3” of strut spacer lift you need to stay on top of your front upper ball joints, as well as tie rod ends and CV joints. I went with a 2” strut spacer lift and swapped my ball joints for greasable Moog ones, which I keep packed with synthetic grease. Here’s my 2002...
  11. D

Explorer windows, radio, cruze control, interior lights , door chime, info,and cluster gauges not working

Welcome to the forum. Did these items work when you bought it, or has it been this way since purchase? Are there any previous owner add-ons or modifications? Does the truck have it’s original audio system or is it aftermarket? Dom
  12. D

265/70/16 with lift 3rd gen?

2002 XLS with 2” spacer lift, 3” body lift and 265/75/16‘s
  13. D

Crazy nightmare starting problem 02 4.0

+1 Motorcraft SP500 plugs are perfect. Great power and life. I believe fuel rail pressure needs to be in the 60’s, hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in
  14. D

Installed shift kit, now no gears

Have you seen this thread? https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/shift-kit-no-move.146491/
  15. D

Lift kits

Be sure to post your bumper project!
  16. D

Lift kits

Yea, you can’t beat the quality of those BTF arms. I plan to dive back into my suspension and change all the control arm bushings front and rear, front axle shafts, toe links and outer tie rods this year. Wheel bearings, rotors, brake lines, struts and ball joints all around are already done...
  17. D

2002 Explorer rocks side to side real bad! Help!

You are driving a ticking time bomb. When your tie rod ends fail you will lose control of your vehicle. While you may think you’ll be fine, what about the others on the road? Same goes for ball joints, when that rear ball joint fails your body will drop onto that wheel, locking it up. Rear...
  18. D

2002 Explorer rocks side to side real bad! Help!

Have you checked all ball joints, control arm bushings and rear toe links? A 3” spacer lift with 35’s is going to beat up all those components. Are you running BTF arms?
  19. D

Fender flares

Those are full front fenders, not front and rear flares.
  20. D

-18 offset with 265/70/17 ok?

I have 265/75/16’s on -0 offset rims and it’s plenty of turning clearance. The tires stick out about 1-3/4” from stock I also have 5” of lift (2” spacer and 3” body). The further out you push your wheels the larger the scrub radius, or arc of travel as the wheels turn. Too much offset will over...
  21. D

3" lift Reviews?

Before you consider 3” of front lift, how are the front end components like upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, CV jointsand of course struts? 3” spacers stress all of these components. You can see for yourself by jacking up the truck by the frame until your front crossmember is 3”...
  22. D

2016 Explorer bucking

Hard to tell you without knowing what engine she has…… There should be ample videos on YouTube and such. Is the check engine light on?
  23. D

Lift kits

There isn’t a ‘kit’. Your only choices are strut spacers or modifying a Ranger body lift to work with your truck. I did the 3” Ranger body lift & 2” spacers. Truck rides on 265/75/16’s for 6” of total lift. There is a link to the body lift thread in my signature, and a quick search for ‘strut...
  24. D

What happened

Transmission problems don’t fix themselves. If left unattended they tend to get worse.
  25. D

Backfire through exhast

Is your CEL on? Any diagnostic codes? I agree, sounds like a timing issue, I would not drive it any more until it’s figured out.
Back