Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Cabin Filter in 2003 Explorers?

14 years later, anyone actually do this? Looking to add a filter to my 05 as well.
  2. I

03 mountaineer quarter panel

Or sorry, I think thats actually part of the actual bumper so actually I think it should be a direct fit.
  3. I

03 mountaineer quarter panel

It should be the same, but I would just try finding one at a yard from a mountaineer, because typically mountys have that cladding along the side along with a reflective marker, and if you want it to not look really odd with an explorer panel, you can try to find one at a yard and probably save...
  4. I

Best remanufactured engine company?

I actually work for Advance Auto Parts, so we sell factory direct rebuilt engines... Ford 4.0 05-07 Engine DFDJ: Advance Auto Parts I can get a pretty significant discount on it as an employee, so if this company is pretty good please let me know, I don't have experience dealing with...
  5. I

Best remanufactured engine company?

I have a 2005 Explorer 4.0 4x4 with 150,000 miles and I think I have what sounds like a loose timing chain. I was wondering first off, if I should have the current engine rebuilt, or should I put in a completely remanufactured engine and was also wondering what company makes the best...
  6. I

Is this slinking sound the timing chain?

Fixed the video not working
  7. I

click "pop-out" that made it work for me
  8. I

I'm trying to figure out if this sound is the timing chain in my 2005 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 4x4. I don't know if it's on the video but you can hear at idle the engine shivers a little, its not really rattling but it is idling differently than it should be. In the video you can hear what sounds...
  9. I

Good deal?

Yeah i think it was that because it was ticking real bad off of the valve unless it was unplugged
  10. I

Good deal?

Yeah I drove it already and it drives really well actually, no anomalies. The code is an EVAP code so I'm not sure what it entails exactly but they said their ford guy is taking care of it so we'll see what they come back with
  11. I

Good deal?

I don't have any unfortunately. I went to see it in person several times since the dealer and I we're in touch about it, he hasn't put it on the lot yet because it still has an engine code so that is why we've been talking about it for a while. Its just a light brown interceptor with a spotlight...
  12. I

Good deal?

perhaps. I just know the Pats system has historically been a pain in the rear for thieves because its not easy to circumvent. I was also thinking trying to get factory perimeter somehow, maybe from junkers since this all sounds a little pricey.
  13. I

Good deal?

You, green and Volksjager seem to know a bit about the interceptor, would you happen to know if enabling PATS is a thing on these? I’m going to be taking this with me to college as well and would like to have that protection so people cant just pick my cylinder and drive off lol.
  14. I

Good deal?

well for starters i DO live off road. For another, i need an explorer to fit my needs of hauling cargo around and being generally large to accommodate my height.
  15. I

Good deal?

if you don’t mind me asking, do you know what the final cost was to have it done by him?
  16. I

Good deal?

oh no way that’s him? I’ve seen his stuff on youtube, didn’t know he worked so close by me. I’ll definitely have to check that out
  17. I

Good deal?

Did you have yours done there or do people say really good things about their timing work?
  18. I

Good deal?

Yeah I was planning to do that also. Planning to use amsoil 100% synth in the engine a couple times at least to give it a bit of a lift, apparently according to testimony on youtube and project farms testings, it cleans things up real well and keeps its quality for a long time. Thanks for the tip.
  19. I

Good deal?

Thank you both for the answers. I was already aware of both the water pump issue and the PTU, i've been following the explorer scene for a long time, I figured my plan of action would be to inspect the service records (guy says he has a full sheet of that from when it was in service), and see...
  20. I

Good deal?

Found a 2013 Fpiu at a dealership near me, they sell older vehicles. He wants $8,900 for it but says he can work with me on price. It’s your basic Iu, except it has sync, the aux switches, and some whelen modules in the space between the spare cover and the 2nd row. It’s got 130000 miles on it...
  21. I

Looking for a rebuilt 5r55w

I don't have one available but as an owner of a 5r55w trans, if you go the route I have where I sent my factory trans in to a highly reputable repair shop near me, that's probably your best bet, finding a really well rebuilt trans that isn't in use will be a real pain. If you do end up getting...
  22. I

2005 4x4 High light blinking / no auto [Solved]

Alright good news, I know I haven't acknowledged some of the replies yet. I fixed the problem. I went out and disconnected the battery, (I had already done this before but only for about 4 minutes). While the battery was disconnected, I got a self-taping screw and a washer, disconnected the...
  23. I

I have heard of forscan being used on some of the newer Fords, I didn't even know it worked with our older ones. So are you saying I can get all of these niche hidden codes, and other abnormal diagnostic features by using it?
  24. I

That's what I'm thinking, I did go to autozone to get a second opinion from their scan tool but once again it picked up nothing. The only other thing I can think of doing at this point to retrieve the code is to go to the dealership, not sure if they'll do that for free I'm assuming they won't...
  25. I

Could it be that i need to move the ground to the frame of the vehicle?
Back