Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Carb Tricks

After working on small cars with tiny engines, I learned a few tricks that apply to even one's lawn equipment. An automobile with an 850cc engine needs all the HP it will get! Weber carbs are intricate and no matter how much carb cleaner or compressed air one used, one trick made them run...
  2. G

1K V8 For sale in San Berdu.

I just found a V8 for sale in San Bernadino CA for 1K https://offerup.com/item/detail/934479540/ Just in case someone wants a project....
  3. G

Leather and Upkeep

I have had leather (Ford's) since our 2K Expedition EB 4X4 with rich "Corinthian Leather" (ERRR wrong car). In not too quick of a time, the seats were grime on tan! Time to clean. Off to find leather cleaner and re-conditioner. I tried all those products you are now thinking about too. The...
  4. G

Passwords Passwords. What is my password?

If you can still remember when '69 Boss Mustangs came out, you might not remember your password to wherever (I forgot that place too). Well we as Ford lovers are blessed with the neatest way to remember passwords the easy way, IN PLANE SIGHT! Most of us are familiar with Ford's part number...
  5. G

Wiring and Some Tools needed

I cut my "eye teeth" on wiring on Fiat and eventually all the Italian cars back in the early 70's. One thing they were all noted for was POOR workmanship, shorts, opens you name it! Tools needed. 2 good test lights or 1 powered and 1 regular. Some jumper wires with alligator clip ends. Make up...
  6. G

DE KI6FG

Hello all my name is Gary and I also do ham radio. I have wrenched since the late 60's 1st car was a hot rod 63 Galaxy I out ran the cops in my 1st Saturday night out! Too bad I lived in a small town where everyone knows everyone else's business. I had to go down to the police station and...
  7. G

1997 RAP MODULE

I am looking for a working RAP module for a 1997 Ex. Thank you in advance.
  8. G

RAP Module

I need a RAP for my 97 Ex. Where to buy or does anyone have one to sell here.(prefer a member here) It worked for a short time then failed. Has anyone repaired one?
  9. G

1997 AWD Cruise Control Switch

I am replacing the cruise control switches that have seen the better part of someone else's fingers. I need to order the pair of switches but, are they the $160ish or the cheaper ones about $30ish? I did find a broken wire on the pigtail so the wiring loom is also required. What is the...
  10. G

You Might Save Money on Tires.

I needed new tires for my '97 ex. Going to a local tire shop (fill in the blank). I was quoted about $840 and the upgraded tires were more expensive, blah, blah, blah. I found what I wanted online and had them here in 2 days for a total of $549. $40 mount and balance carry-in.
Back