Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Not much heat

Interesting. I haven't noticed any coolant loss yet but that is something to keep an eye on. I did notice a small amount of coolant in the grooves on top of my thermostat housing when I was replacing my alternator but that was gone when I went to look again the next day after driving. I will...
  2. K

Not much heat

In my case, yes.
  3. K

Not much heat

Yeah I just forgot to post back. I ended up pulling the dash out and replacing the heater core. It took me about 8 hours start to finish following this guide. Luckily I was able to remove half of the hvac box and not have to pull the evap coil so no need to vacuum down the ac system. How to...
  4. K

Not much heat

You are correct....it seems everything is working fine and my coolant temps range from 185-194 and never venture over 194. It drops back down so I'm assuming g the thermostat is opening. All my friends swear the heater core is partially clogged. I've attempted to flush it multiple times and...
  5. K

Not much heat

I'm always ok with not throwing parts at it. I used my bluetooth diagnostic to check coolant temp. It gets up to 90C which is about 194F and then drops back down to 85C or 185F, so I assume the thermostat works. Blend door actuator is new and I verified the door is working by sticking a...
  6. K

Not much heat

I replaced the heater valve last weekend. From what I can tell is that it stays open because the hose going into the heater core is hot. It seems to get hotter the more load I put on the engine which makes me wonder if the water pump is going bad. But it only works when sitting at an incline...
  7. K

Not much heat

Ok...I made a 3rd attempt to flush heater core and noticed a bunch of air bubbles coming out of the tubes. I left the hose going until I had a nice steady stream going both ways. While sitting in my driveway on an incline I held the rpm at 2k and my heater started to blow hotter. When I let...
  8. K

Not much heat

Ok, here is where I'm at. I flushed the heater core again and I get flow through it. I might try again as I don't believe I was getting as much flow out as I had going in. I flushed it until all of the water coming out was clear. I also replaced the heater control valve with a new one since...
  9. K

Not much heat

Ok, here is where I'm at. I flushed the heater core again and I get flow through it. I might try again as I don't believe I was getting as much flow out as I had going in. I also replaced the heater control valve with a new one since the old ones lever felt like it wasn't moving freely. $20...
  10. K

Not much heat

Thanks, I plan on working on it today. I attempted to flush the heater core the other night by putting a couple clear plastic tubes on the heater core lines but the tube I got had quite a few kinks and flattened spots that I couldn't get good water pressure through. It seemed to help a tiny...
  11. K

Not much heat

I took a look at the valve and it doesn't appear to be moving when I change from hot to cold....I'll check again when I have some daylight and can look at it while someone else changes the temp inside the cab. I did notice that only one hose going into the heater core was getting warm. My dad...
  12. K

Not much heat

I assume it's manual. regular old turn knobs to change hot to cold and vent selection. No loss in air flow when changing from vent to floor to defrost. It doesn't have the option for outside/inside air. just max AC and then each of the vent selections. Attached is a picture like my controls.
  13. K

Not much heat

Update. I bought a camera scope to feed through the front vents to see if I could see anything. The blend door does move when I switch from hot to cold...I get a little bit of temp change but not enough to heat the vehicle once the temps start dropping. Is there a door or anything else I...
  14. K

Not much heat

I can feel a slight temp change and more so when I'm driving. I cant find a diagram or picture that shows me where the blend door is as I know there is a company called heatertreater that makes a metal replacement and gives instructions on where to cut the heater box in order to replace the...
  15. K

Not much heat

I recently acquired my 2005 Explorer from my dad with a heating issue. AC worked great during the summer but now that it is starting to get a little colder I need the heat. My dad said he had changed the thermostat (temp gauge is reading normal operating temps) and the blend door actuator. He...
Back