Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Trader0000

Simple $10 LED PIU Front Turn Signals Fix

The front amber turn signal LED’s have gone bad on my 2014 PIU. One side about four months ago and now the other side has gone out. These are the infamous Whelen proprietary lighting package lights. I planned to go with new bulb sockets with LED bulbs. I read that the 3157/4157 bulb socket would...
  2. Trader0000

Ballistic Panel rattle

I have the same problem on my 2013, the brackets break and I think there was a recall on them. Recall only good for original police department's owner. I wound up cutting up thick styrofoam and wedging it to stop the rattle.
  3. Trader0000

Ford Police Explorer Cargo Mat

I am looking for a rear cargo mat for the 2014 PIU and there are members on the forum that suggest various ones for the Explorer. I am concerned because we have a slick rear cargo area without carpet. I think the cargo mats have little nibs on the bottom to secure to the carpet. I am tried of...
  4. Trader0000

SYNC does not pair with cell phone

I did try the 15 min battery disconnect to reset it and that failed. Can I use forsca n to update? Where is the accessory protocol interface module located?
  5. Trader0000

SYNC does not pair with cell phone

Got another PIU, 2014 but I am unable to pair with my phone. Radio shows trying to connect but cell phone does not see available Bluetooth. Phone works fine, deleted all Bluetooth from phone and reset. Phone recognizes other Bluetooth devices nearby. Truck shows trying to connect. Also tried...
  6. Trader0000

Remove and Replace Door Lock Cylinder 2014 Explorer

I am swapping out the drivers door on my 2014 and need to change the lock cylinder. The replacement door is complete with door panel installed. I know how to remove the outside handle and clip around the the lock assembly. Is there an easy way to remove the cylinder or do I need to pull apart...
  7. Trader0000

Read Door Handle and Latch

Thanks Peter, there was a spring that fell down between the door skin and backing. I figured out how to remove the entire latch assembly. Remove interior door panel, disconnect interior door latch and cable. Remove the 3 torx screws from the latch and the torx screw under the outside door...
  8. Trader0000

Read Door Handle and Latch

I removed the outside rear door handle to paint the door. When reinstalling the handle, the part that contacts the hook of the handle disengaged and moved away from it's position. I have the interior door panel off and I cannot line up that piece to mate to the handle. Is there a spring that...
  9. Trader0000

Rear Camera Update

Looking at buying a 2014 PUI that does not have read camera. I have a 2013 PUI that does. Can I swap the rear camera and rear view mirror? Are the wires there on the 2014 from Ford, any forscan settings need resetting?
  10. Trader0000

How hard is it to find a used PIU Ecoboost?

It was relisted because I saw it a couple days ago and it had a bid of about $3,400.
  11. Trader0000

I do not know how well the twin turbo will hold up with long term, high mileage police use. It is important to remember that the turbo uses the same oil as the engine. If proper oil maintenance is not performed it likely causes wear on the turbos. Dirty oil and heat will destroy the turbo and...
  12. Trader0000

I asked my local surplus police vehicle dealer and he charges a $1,500 to $2,000 premium for PIU with eco when he sells them. He does not get very many because the local departments do not want to spend the extra money and they are also concerned about high speed chase lawsuits. I do not know...
  13. Trader0000

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

I used "6" for the enable compass and have N, NW,NE,E,W,SE,WE that shows for me. No to be a offended, but have you driven the truck with the compass to check? I did the remote key mode and my liftgate works with and without key. The power lock switch in the doors works my liftgate. My remote...
  14. Trader0000

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Updated 01/10/18 I want to put together a master list of all the Forscan Settings that apply to the 2011-2015 Police Utility Model years in one thread. I know we can use the search box but thought this would be easier. As this thread continues I will edit this first thread with any changes and...
  15. Trader0000

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Mind has the high speed/medium toggle switch and works fine. I did not want the Bluetooth type. I have performed the following mods on my 2013 PIU without a problem: Remote lock/unlock Remote start Disabled Dark Mode Enabled Theater lighting Dash Compass Disabled set belt chime I am also...
  16. Trader0000

bbfly PRO OBD II , USB type off Amazon. First one was also that one.
  17. Trader0000

I got a brand new ELM OBD that was bad. I had to return it because the laptop would see the device but not work the forscan. The lights worked on the ELM. I purchased a new one and the problem went away.
  18. Trader0000

Engine Idle Hours

When I purchased my PIU with 154K miles I checked the trans level and it was dark grey. I would sometimes get a hard shift from first to second gear. So I decided to have the transmission flushed. The local oil shop warned me that after the flush that there was no guarantee that the...
  19. Trader0000

Engine Idle Hours

Yes you are correct, this is from my PIU owners manual.
  20. Trader0000

Engine Idle Hours

My PIU has 157,578 miles and 8,74 idle hours (8674x33)+157576=443,20 total miles and runs great so take that it with a gain of salt. It was driven hard, was a pursuit city car and has right front bumper/trim damage from doing pit maneuver.
  21. Trader0000

Forscan Compass Code

I took a leap and forced the bit to "6" and now have the compass displayed .
  22. Trader0000

I will check tomorrow

I will check tomorrow
  23. Trader0000

Explorer PIU Overhead Cut Out Question

The hole was probably from a Federal siren remote control head.
  24. Trader0000

Explorer PIU Overhead Cut Out Question

Thanks Peter for the how to about the headliner R&R. That will save some time and work. I am going to install my 2 meter radio and antenna when it gets warmer. Thanks again.
  25. Trader0000

2013 PIU questions

Sorry, I do not. Maybe someone else can help?
Back