Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Trader0000

Simple $10 LED PIU Front Turn Signals Fix

The front amber turn signal LED’s have gone bad on my 2014 PIU. One side about four months ago and now the other side has gone out. These are the infamous Whelen proprietary lighting package lights. I planned to go with new bulb sockets with LED bulbs. I read that the 3157/4157 bulb socket would...
  2. Trader0000

Ford Police Explorer Cargo Mat

I am looking for a rear cargo mat for the 2014 PIU and there are members on the forum that suggest various ones for the Explorer. I am concerned because we have a slick rear cargo area without carpet. I think the cargo mats have little nibs on the bottom to secure to the carpet. I am tried of...
  3. Trader0000

SYNC does not pair with cell phone

Got another PIU, 2014 but I am unable to pair with my phone. Radio shows trying to connect but cell phone does not see available Bluetooth. Phone works fine, deleted all Bluetooth from phone and reset. Phone recognizes other Bluetooth devices nearby. Truck shows trying to connect. Also tried...
  4. Trader0000

Remove and Replace Door Lock Cylinder 2014 Explorer

I am swapping out the drivers door on my 2014 and need to change the lock cylinder. The replacement door is complete with door panel installed. I know how to remove the outside handle and clip around the the lock assembly. Is there an easy way to remove the cylinder or do I need to pull apart...
  5. Trader0000

Read Door Handle and Latch

I removed the outside rear door handle to paint the door. When reinstalling the handle, the part that contacts the hook of the handle disengaged and moved away from it's position. I have the interior door panel off and I cannot line up that piece to mate to the handle. Is there a spring that...
  6. Trader0000

Rear Camera Update

Looking at buying a 2014 PUI that does not have read camera. I have a 2013 PUI that does. Can I swap the rear camera and rear view mirror? Are the wires there on the 2014 from Ford, any forscan settings need resetting?
  7. Trader0000

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Updated 01/10/18 I want to put together a master list of all the Forscan Settings that apply to the 2011-2015 Police Utility Model years in one thread. I know we can use the search box but thought this would be easier. As this thread continues I will edit this first thread with any changes and...
  8. Trader0000

Rear Door Speaker Holes

I wanted to replace my utility rear door panels with the standard rear panels so that I could better hear the rear speakers. I could not find a cheap set so I decided to see if I could cut a hole in the door panel. I removed the rear door panel and found a surprise. Ford had molded a speaker...
  9. Trader0000

Forscan Compass Code

I have been playing with Forscan programming on my 2013 PIU and got the remote key and start working. I would like to get the compass to work but I am having a problem. My factory IPC code is 720-01-02 OE11 "4003" 19A5. I have tried both " 4063" and "40F3" changes and when I attempt to write I...
  10. Trader0000

2013 PIU P0158 O2 Sensor Bank 2 Location

I have an engine warning light that occasionally turns on my 2013 Police Explorer with the 3.7L engine. The code is P0158 High Voltage, Bank 2, where is this senor located and what should the voltage be? Thanks in advance.
  11. Trader0000

2013 PIU Remote Keyless Locks and Start Procedure

Hello All, I have converted my 2013 Police Utility Explorer to accept the remote lock and start functions. This procedure was verified for my vehicle. My VIN is 1FM5K8AR1DGA723XX and here was my procedure. It took a lot of digging around the forums so I thought I would share this in one place. I...
  12. Trader0000

AUX Button Light Wiring

I want to install off road lights on my 2013 PUI using a control relay and using the AUX steering wheel button. I found the 14 pin connector in the center console. The wires from the connector to the rest of the truck have been cut and removed. They did leave the pigtail when they pulled all the...
Back