Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Camera Washer Not Working

Below. It sprays upwards onto the lens.
  2. V

I didn't take pics. I'm honestly not going to tear it back apart to get one either. It's really simple... 4 bolts under the Explorer trim piece come out. Then you just pull gently and the clips will release. There will be wires coming out of one side, and the washer line out the other side. I...
  3. V

How to: PTU Oil Change (Tons of Pics) 2016 Explorer Sport

I have not posted the pictures yet. I will soon. Been busy.
  4. V

How to: PTU Oil Change (Tons of Pics) 2016 Explorer Sport

Back from the dead. I just changed the PTU fluid in my 16 Sport in under an hour today! I jacked up the driver side and put it on jackstands. Pulled the drain plug and let it drain until it stopped. Lowered it to the ground and jacked up the passenger side so as much of the fluid would flow to...
  5. V

Fixed mine today. Took apart the rear line under the hood and blew compressed air through it. Didn't work. Took off the rear nozzle which is connected to the explorer bar. Also took off the one way check valve and put air through it along with some wd-40 and now it's working great!
  6. V

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Coming from being a previous tuner phase person... This looks pretty awesome! I loved doing Wilwood swaps. And absolutely love the VOLKS! Looks KILLER!!!! Do you have more pics of the whole vehicle in different angles?
  7. V

Changing Out Front/Rear Emblems

So I swapped to the black emblems last night on our 16 sport and it took me maybe 20 minutes. For the rear which I did first, I just took my carpenter knife and traced the top and sides carefully and not too deep to hit any paint. Took some fishing line to cut the rest of the adhesive on the...
  8. V

All Weather floor mats

I'll probably order it next month. I have the same setup with bucket seats and console. I pulled the console to see how easy it was for when we have two kids in car seats and plan to use it as a pass through. I plan to just trim some holes in it to cover the carpet holes and put the console...
  9. V

All Weather floor mats

Heres what I am getting. I already have the fronts, getting these and the third row. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00O5FULIW/?coliid=I2S5Z5HWC8I920&colid=1AY33Z58ALPX9&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it Third row...
  10. V

Window Tinting

Just got my wife's done the other day. The best bet is to not go in with a specific number in mind for tint %. Different manufactures percentages are different from brand to brand. If the shop is any good they will be able to look at it and match it as close as possible if thats what you are...
  11. V

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Subtle little touches. Painted the calipers yesterday. Didn't take long and I think added just a little bit extra to it! Also shows how well the tint matched up!
  12. V

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

My hood was replaced. They told me it didn't matter about if it was in warranty or not. They said it was an issue that should be corrected regardless.
  13. V

Got the windows tinted today. Looks KILLER! Should have done it a long time ago! Also replaced the factory halogen fog lights with the LED ones suggested on the forum here and they match pretty decent.
  14. V

For the most part yes...In my case, my body shop can paint it to match the rest of the vehicle without blending it. Since I like the original color more. I didn't want the dealer body shop to blend their wrong color and lesser quality paint job to more than just the hood.
  15. V

I'd recommend leaving the vehicle with them to color match. Mine was off due to them painting the hood without the vehicle there to match it and its a shade lighter.
  16. V

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I did end up swapping in the AEM Dry filter so I don't have to worry about the oil from a K&N getting into any sensors. Or have to worry about re-oiling...
  17. V

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I wish Airaid sold just the tube. I don't want the stupid air box. Most of the kits the sell the mid intake tube is the biggest gain. The airboxes are just fine.
  18. V

2017 Sport Rear Tail Lamp Assemblies

You can go to body shops and if they are a good body shop, they can paint them and clear them. They just use black and knock it way down to stay transparent. Plus they should clear coat it which keep it glossy. Ive done this many of times with my local body shops.
  19. V

Spark plug upgrade

Just use stock replacement. Not enough performance wise done to the vehicle to warrant anything other than stock.
  20. V

XLT vs Limited vs sport

Purely cosmetic. The fancy sport wheels, with the body color, and non chrome trim, black grill, smoked tail lights, red stitched seats, and silver trim inside. Didn't care about the motor. 100% ascetics.
  21. V

I just had my '16 sport hood replaced and painted a few weeks ago. Just about to hit the 36k miles. Only issue I had was they painted the hood separate and just swapped it on. I don't feel like the new hood fits as well and it is for sure a different color than the rest of the car. I understand...
  22. V

Hope this works. I picked this up yesterday for my mainly my wife but I am sure I will drive it occasionally. 32.000ish miles. In very decent shape for the miles and used. Found some scratches we didn't see at the dealer but thats what happens when you detail it with a fine tooth comb. Need to...
  23. V

Car Cleaning Rituals

Im picking up a new to me 2016 Sport in Magnetic Metallic on Friday. Planning to detail it fully on Saturday at work. Ill do a full write up on materials as well as products if I remember. It will take most of my day up. Strictly a 2 bucket wash with grit guards. I also use Adam's Products. Its...
Back