Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Crankcase vent tube

I don't think so, I did start to get an error code eventually. That is why I replaced it.
  2. R

Cigarette lighter wires

Go get a cheap meter and meter voltage to body negative.
  3. R

2014 - Rear Lift Gate Panel Removal

I just did this last weekend, the inside plastic is held in place by 2 bolts under the handle on the right side and the rest are snaps. The handle cover snaps off and remove the 2 bolts with a socket and an extension. Carefully pull the plastic back starting by the handle and the snaps come off...
  4. R

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

I bought a 12" light bar that I never installed, now I'm going to install a new 23" light bar behind my grill on the front bumper. I would like to install the 12" bar in the back under the rear bumper. I have a factory tow package, anyone find somewhere to mount a light bar under the back?
  5. R

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Finally installed the LED light I bought over a year ago on my rear hatch and wired it to the truck light in the headliner. I even climbed inside the trunk and shut the door to meter the wires feeding the 3rd row light and still missed the door light wire, so it only comes on with the switch...
  6. R

Fresh from the body shop, insurance work. Not pictured, but they also replaced my loose passenger side A pillar trim! It wasn't even damaged it the accident, but they had to take it off to remove the fender.
  7. R

My Expo is in the body shop for some insurance work, I figured I would install my light bar behind the bumper cover while they had it off. Unfortunately my brand new titanium drill bit couldn't get through the bumper. I'll get a new bit and go back after work, and hopefully they don't have it...
  8. R

Changing Out Front/Rear Emblems

Now that you mentioned it, I did see tabs. I got in there but I was worried about breaking something.
  9. R

Changing Out Front/Rear Emblems

Cool. I have a new badge I want to install on the front and didn't want to remove the grill for it.
  10. R

Spark plugs at 105K Today will be my right side front strut bearing.
  11. R

Question: Route USB Cable Through Media Hub Lid?

My lid doesn't have notch, so I ran a USB cable over the top of the door to a custom wired power port under the dash.
  12. R

Why the tiny "cup holder" in front center console?

My Jabra wireless headphone case fits there nicely.
  13. R

Did my front brakes this weekend, sloted, vented rotors and ceramic pads. Now the fronts finally match the back, and no more wobble when braking downhill.
  14. R

I hardwired by Amazon Car Echo behind my dash into my switched dash cam power port. I bought a right angle micro USB cable and ran it over the top of the front console door and fished it behind the headlight switch where I stashed my power port. No more cord running around my center console and...
  15. R

Supplemental Cargo/Hatch Lighing

Nicely done! I've been planning adding lights for a while, maybe tomorrow!
  16. R

Out with the old in with new.
  17. R

Door Lock Beep?

I don't think I'm looking for the flasher, on my other car there was a wire that came from the ECM to a relay that was in line with the corner lights. After opening up the trunk panel I could hear the relay switch when locking and unlocking the doors, but not when the turn signals or 4-ways...
  18. R

Door Lock Beep?

I like audible feedback when I lock and unlock my doors, but I have close neighbors so I don't let the horn honk. Years ago, on my 99 Maxima I found the relay that activated the corner lights on door lock and unlock. I added another relay and a piezo sounder that would beep when the lights...
  19. R

Thinkware F750 front & rear dashcam hardwire install (Ford Explorer 2011-2017)

One of the Amazon customer questions mentions this does convert to 5VDC.
  20. R

Where did you get the black stainless bumper cover?
  21. R

Sorry I didn't take photos. I did such a hack job wiring it up, I didn't want a record of it. Without thinking I cut the cigarette lighter end off and tried to wire the cord in directly, forgetting that cord reduced the current to 5V. It wasn't my proudest moment. I read in a thread here...
  22. R

We'll see, and I'll report back. Earlier this year I was driving in the Death Valley were it was pitch black, with the factory high beams I had such a hard time seeing I had to turn down my dash lights and it was still tough.
  23. R

New LED headlights tonight. LED fog lights and bambi mode to follow this weekend.
  24. R

Some good, but mostly hilarious Explorer mods

I ordered a set last week from Wish.
  25. R

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

So after reading 9 pages of posts I couldn't find any part numbers that still work for this part. I did some digging on my own and found what I was looking for. Under Cover - Ford (DE9Z-7460513-ED) | TascaParts.com For $200 I think I will attempt to fix it myself with fiberglass like someone...
Back