Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

'91 A/C reinstall ??? Can you look under your hood for me?

Hey guys, I'm working at reinstalling my A/C system after I ripped it all out about 6 years ago (long story), and I think I have all of the parts I need, BUT I can't find the A/C Compressor connector. Odds are I pushed it out of the way or zip-tied it to another connector to keep it from getting...
  2. 9

HELP! Rear differential spider gear's fell out

Mid-job on my rear axle shaft replacement on my 91X and the spider gears fell out. I was using my impact to try to pull the new wheel studs through the newly installed axle and it looks like the S-spring shifted a bit and the spider gears slipped out. I have the spacers and know which one was on...
  3. 9

Wanted: Blower Housing

About 6 years ago I ripped out my old non-functioning AC system that had been sitting empty for 15 years and swapped in a couple of ranger parts to make it heat only. At the time I lived in a cold wet place and never envisioned needing AC. Fast-forward to the present and I find myself living in...
  4. 9

Rustbucket to Blue Beast Conversion

I finally decided to update the look of my old Rustbucket 91 Explorer. I started by stripping the bumpers, grill, roof rack, lights, and trim pieces. Followed by pressure washing it, then using 80 grit followed by 160 I sanded all of the rust down to bare metal and removed the trim sticker...
  5. 9

91 Vibration problems

The Blue Beast, formerly the rust bucket, has a new vibration problem. 91 Explorer 4.0 4WD The problem: At any speed above 25ish I get a nice "VVVVUUURRRTTTT VVVVUUURRRTTT" vibration that I can both hear and feel. It goes in time with the vehicle speed, increasing almost to a steady humm at...
  6. 9

Rustbucket seeks paint options

I've debated on my medium for painting my super rusty explorer all winter and I'm reaching out for opinions. I've posted before about how to properly handle the rust (Tackling Runaway Roof Rust!) and I've decided to strip down the whole rig, windows, rub rails, and lights, the whole thing...
  7. 9

Tackling Runaway Roof Rust!

I've got a pretty bad roof rust problem, and I'm trying to get together a game plan to tackle it right and paint the whole vehicle this summer. As you can see there have been multiple attempts to fix it before 4+ and counting! I would like to remove the whole upper rack assembly and bumpers...
  8. 9

Front Differential cover gasket leak

All right I just Installed a 2" lift, no problems. But when I jacked it back up the next day to change the tie rod ends I noticed that I had oil POURING out of my front differential. I used the jack points I've always used and had the jack stands in the same place. I'm trying to figure out A...
Back