Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Concours.John

The Detailing Thread

I completely agree. Coatings are not a bulletproof force field. I sell this as a easier maintenance product. unless a person is willing to follow proper wash and care techniques it is not for them. I do disagree it is fleecing a client. Only because they need to be willing and understand proper...
  2. Concours.John

Random squirter activation. Continues after stalk replaced with OEM.

I have been digging here to no avail to find a thread on this. If there is a thread please direct me and I apologize. I have narrowed my situation down to it only occurring during wet weather or after a thaw from winter weather. I read a few threads where it could be simply the stalk going bad...
  3. Concours.John

The Detailing Thread

I have not used Chemical Guys so I can not vouch for it honestly. I am a C.Quartz Finest approved installer and have used all three. I can say C.Quartz UK is more suited for your climate and very durable. I have also used Optimum Pro Plus. I believe the consumer product is Gloss Coat now which...
  4. Concours.John

The Detailing Thread

Keep it. good for your situation. Look into Meguiars microfiber polishing pads and Meg's 205 polish for correction then use foam for final finish. On white you may be good with just MF pad and 205. Just need to determine if you have six inch or 5 inch backing plate before ordering for pads...
  5. Concours.John

The Detailing Thread

I will try and address this in order. It may be a little long but hope it helps in diagnosing the problem for you and others. First thing with the water spots would be to figure out where they are coming from. IE; sprinklers, water drying during wash be it wash water or rinse water, or...
  6. Concours.John

The Detailing Thread

I made this thread to contribute to this community.First off I want nothing from this. Just offering over 20 years experience in the show car field. Here I will answer any questions on Rinseless washing, Waterless washing, andTwo bucket method. I can also share on polishing (my specialty) . I...
  7. Concours.John

4.0 Timing Guide major wear spots.

I have been pouring over this issue here. Having a near 200k 4.0 2002 I know the repair is coming. Does anyone have pictures of guides prior to destruction detailing major contact points? Understanding failures are due to lack of reinforcement, plastic involved, etc. I would like to see if it...
  8. Concours.John

New to site.

Hi all, I am John. I have a 96 XLT and a recently acquired 2002 XLT. Have been researching here for a while and finally joined. The 2002 is amazingly corrosion free and just needs some sorting out. Both pushing the 200k mark. I own a exotic detail and restoration facility so cosmetics and...
Back