Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2014 rear washer line

The mice ate the hose off the rear washer line at the connector that goes behind the right front strut tower. Does any body know where line enters the a-pillar. Does it run over head or down the rocker panel.
  2. F

A4ld down shift flare

1991 3.0 2wd. 100,000 miles. This little tranny on occasions will go into neutral while trying to down shift. It is a kick down flare push the accerator down and it will over rev let off and it is fine. No issues up shifting I think it is 2 to 1 down shift not hundred percent sure could be 3 to...
  3. F

Oil filter adapter o'rings

Anybody know where to find the o'rings or have the part numbers for the ninety degree oil filter adapter. The ones that seal it to the block and the one for the bolt flange. I have one like this in my possession but would like to replace with new. Before Install. they appear to be a gartered...
  4. F

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

Thanks for the input it is running 235-75-15. Tires. Ps it anyone needs the linkage bar from the shifter to the TC. I have a spare. Will let it go for shipping.
  5. F

Wound up putting the f-150 seedometer gear (red 20 tooth) gear back in. Speedometer is only off 2 mph at 65 mph. Truck is doing 63 when speedometer says 65. I want to thank everyone on this thread for there input. It made this swap possible.
  6. F

Got it all togather seems to drive fine. Will test speedometer with a gps unit tomorrow. Hooked up an indicator light to show when it is in 4wd.
  7. F

My grandson and myself started the conversion from AWD to manual TC(4406) on Saturday on a 1997 Eddie Bauer. Should finish tomorrow. Had to get a new slip yoke boot for front shaft. It’s a little more complicated this the write Up I have driven it without the front shaft. And it drives fine...
Back