Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Andrew Bagwell

Running rich when cool and Lean when hot !?!?

I didn't see the Walker maf sensor as an upgrade but more of a replacement seeing as the housing stayed the same size. Am I missing something??
  2. Andrew Bagwell

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T1BXZ6U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This is the MAF sensor I bought.........
  3. Andrew Bagwell

So Ive waited a few days to post this..... I wanted to be relatively sure. Saturday evening I tried something.....I put the oem MAF sensor back in and removed the Walker aftermarket one I bought. It instantly fixed my fuel trim problem. 3 days later and the short term trims are fine and I have...
  4. Andrew Bagwell

I am now getting CEL for lean on banks 1 and 2........fml
  5. Andrew Bagwell

So I've been having trouble running lean lately and everytime I think I have it licked.... it rears its ugly head a little differently. As of the last 2 days it predictably runs slightly rich in the morning when it's cool outside, and super lean right about noon when it's in the 80s. Just...
  6. Andrew Bagwell

Fuel trim at idle.

Thanks for the reply! I had a custom tune done and it helped a lot.... still in the low 90s at idle but I'm not getting a CEL and the car runs fine. Thanks again!
  7. Andrew Bagwell

Fuel trim at idle.

Using my SCT X4 to monitor a few things I'm noticing that my fuel trims at idle are lean. While driving around they hover right around "1.00" +/- .03. However when I come to a complete stop they nosedive to "0.80" , then go back up once I start driving. 1999 Explorer 4.0 SOHC, Car is running...
  8. Andrew Bagwell

Rough Acceleration after header/exhaust install

Update: Solved. Had a vacuum leak where the egr went back into to intake manifold. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.
  9. Andrew Bagwell

Fuel Pump Duty Cycle not moving

Thanks, I checked fuel pressure yesterday in fact (bought a kit from Advanced Auto Zone). Was right around 65 PSI. Thanks guys.
  10. Andrew Bagwell

Can't find a throttle cable!?!?

Yep.....that definitely DIDNT work lol. The cable matched perfectly and was identical.....except it was about 4 in short. Too bad......junkyard it is I guess.
  11. Andrew Bagwell

Fuel Pump Duty Cycle not moving

So I had a custom tune done for my explorer and it came on the SCT X4. While datalogging I noticed that my fuel pump duty cycle stays at 1%.....always. Is there a sensor or relay associated with this? Sign of a failing fuel pump? Thanks in advance.
  12. Andrew Bagwell

Well I ordered it anyway.....hopefully it will work or maybe with some modifications. I'll let you know when it comes.
  13. Andrew Bagwell

So after doing some research the prefix (the first 4 chars) are just information about when it was released into production. How to Decipher FoMoCo Part Numbers - Overview - FORDification.com With the basic part number and suffix the same this should work just fine. Thanks Red.
  14. Andrew Bagwell

That's for the ranger 2.5L I4. It looks the same.....the length may be different. It might be worth a shot though.
  15. Andrew Bagwell

Yea, that's what I was afraid of. Not that I mind a junkyard item but if I'm going to the trouble to replace something I sure would prefer it to be new
  16. Andrew Bagwell

My throttle cable is stretching.....I've gone from 1 zip tie to keep it taut to 3 in the last 6 months. I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere, OEM or aftermarket. XL2Z9A758AA is the part number but obviously has been discontinued. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  17. Andrew Bagwell

Rough Acceleration after header/exhaust install

Sooooo....I have been fixing up this old explorer. Started with a K&N Filter, Ford racing throttle body and swiss cheese mod on the air box. After putting the Screamin Demon Coil pack, plug wires, and new plugs in, everything ran great. Much smoother. This past Weekend I put Gibson headers and...
  18. Andrew Bagwell

To cannister?

Great news.....nothing to replace LOL. Thanks a lot!
  19. Andrew Bagwell

To cannister?

While changing rear differential fluid I found this black box with "To cannister" followed by an arrow written on it. What is it and do I need to fix it because it looks disconnected. Thanks in advance.
Back