Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Locating Body Control Module - Key Code

By key code do you mean the code for the keyless entry on the driver's door?
  2. C

Wiring diagram

Go to EBSCOhost Login and login with user-s8921298 password-password And click AutoMate. That will have the specific wiring diagrams for your year.
  3. C

2000 Mountaineer - Whine on acceleration - Quiet as a mouse on deceler

Use a good synthetic 85w-140 gear oil, if that's what the tag on the case says, and also add the friction modifier to it. The friction modifier is what is required for limited-slip rear ends and allows the clutch pack to work correctly. I have a 1999 5.0 Explorer and it uses 75w-140, with...
  4. C

Max Temp reading on a '97 OH Console

I've seen the console read as high as 121F out here in sunny Arizona! Its's not that hot...it's a dry heat...:angryfire:
  5. C

Mo blend doors Mo problems

I ordered this one off Rockauto in January and it's still working great for me! FOUR SEASONS 73029 Air Door Actuator - More Information for FOUR SEASONS 73029
  6. C

Mo blend doors Mo problems

You might have accidentally ordered and installed the blend door actuator for the manual climate controls, that would throw an error on the self test.
  7. C

00 mountaineer ac control issues

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak between the vacuum bulb in the front bumper and the controls in the dash.
  8. C

Clicking Noise

If your Explorer is a 4x4, check the CV axle dust boots to see if they've split open and lost all their grease.
  9. C

Can anyone identify this beeping?

I would bet that that is the Restraint control module (airbag controller) which beeps when it senses the airbag indicator light is burnt out, or in this case entirely absent as the instrument cluster is out. Once you put the cluster back it it shouldn't beep anymore.
  10. C

how do I figure out how much oil to add to ac system on recharge?

From the workshop manual about adding oil: 1. NOTE: Service A/C compressors (19703) are shipped without compressor oil. Rotate the A/C compressor shaft six to eight revolutions while collecting oil in a clean measuring device. If the amount of oil drained from the old A/C compressor is between...
  11. C

HVAC HELP

The codes would say this is a blend door issue.
  12. C

Intermittent Extremely Loud Noise(Driver Side Front Tire)

That sounds exactly like what my CV axles sounded like before I replaced them. I'd check the boots to see of any are torn.
  13. C

NEW A/C, COMPRESSOR WONT ENGAGE!

I just charged my A/C yesterday and the charge is 1lb 14oz.
  14. C

NEW A/C, COMPRESSOR WONT ENGAGE!

To make sure it's not just the low pressure switch, unplug it and jump the two holes in the harness with a paperclip. That should turn the A/C clutch on if everything else is connected correctly.
  15. C

Oil Pressure Gauge Flipped Over the Top

Ok I'll plan on changing the oil pressure sensor after I finish my air conditioning. Thanks!
  16. C

Radio plug pinout

Just Disregard the top 8 pin plug. That's for the stock subwoofer in the Mach audio system. The other 20 and 16 pin plugs are identical.
  17. C

Oil Pressure Gauge Flipped Over the Top

Tonight my oil gauge flipped over the top again. It happened about two weeks ago and I took the dash apart to fix it, which sucks. Before I disassemble the dash to fix it again, any ideas as to what caused this or how to prevent it? Both times it happened when I shut the car off after about a...
  18. C

Radio plug pinout

Here ya go
  19. C

wheel hub assembly

The hub bolt torque is 74-96 lb/ft and the axle nut is 157-213 lb/ft.
  20. C

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for my overhead console.

Here is the wiring diagram for the 1999 Explorer V8. I hope it helps!
  21. C

99 Ford Explorer suspension question

No idea. Might be mixed up with another vehicle.
  22. C

99 Ford Explorer suspension question

For the fuel filter, it's the 2 hose filter. One in and one out.
  23. C

2000 mountaineer wire issues

For the wiring diagrams, head on over to EBSCOhost Login and login with Username: s8921298 Passowrd: password Then click on Auto Repair Reference Center, then complete the drop down boxes to select the correct truck. Then go to Diagrams and all the wiring diagrams you heart could ever desire...
Back