Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Front camera button stops working temporarily

I've experienced this about a half dozen times or so on my '18 Sport. Happens randomly and as you've pointed out, the only way to fix it is to turn off the engine and restart. I've had a few minor gremlins so it's just something else that is going on my watch list for now. I'll provide some...
  2. D

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

Turns out it was only an issue for yesterday during the drive into work (fingers crossed). On my 40 km drive home, it cut in an out a couple of times and has been solid since (not that 1 day is rock solid, but baby steps). Hopefully it doesn't reoccur. I did not see any system updates taking...
  3. D

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

Just got the acquiring satellite signal issue today. Did a factory reset on the radio and it worked for about 2 minutes then went back to acquiring satellite signal. Hopefully it clears itself up soon or find out some more details about why this is happening. My ‘18 Sport is 4 months old with...
  4. D

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

This is the one that I have too and it works great!
  5. D

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

No need to worry. I just think due to demand and scheduling, it just takes that long for it be processed. My order went into the system on November 27, finished processing on January 3, went into production on January 13, was shipped on January 16, and arrived at the dealership on January 27...
  6. D

Intelligent Access Door Handle Not Working

Died again after yesterday's rain/slush and freeze. They're supposed to be replacing the BCM tomorrow, but somehow I think it's probably more related to the inners on the handle sensor itself than the BCM. But they are taking direction from Ford Engineering which is telling them the order of...
  7. D

I live about 50KM away from Toronto, and for me it was about 8 weeks exactly from order to delivery.
  8. D

I'll second the WeatherTech mats. Got the same set up as you.
  9. D

Was that the only occurrence you experienced with this (only after that freezing rain)? How long have you had your Platinum for?
  10. D

Wouldn't you know, it came back to life over the weekend and works fine now. The dealership ordered a new BCM last week, so I'm wondering if it still needs to be done or not. I'm a little concerned about them taking anything else in my Explorer apart to get to it, if they don't need to, as...
  11. D

So...went to pickup the Ex last night after it was apparently fixed, slid my hand behind the handle and it was just as dead as when I dropped it off on Monday. They claimed to have tested it, but clearly something went wrong at some point. Spoke to the service advisor this morning and he said...
  12. D

So just heard back from the service folks. Apparently the BCM needed to get reprogrammed with the as built file, followed by an updated file, as instructed to do by the Ford engineers, and it works again. They're not sure why it failed. We'll see if this fixes the issue over the long run, or...
  13. D

Thanks Peter. We did have horizontal rain overnight Saturday, so maybe that could be related. Decided to drop it off at the dealer this morning as it was still unresponsive this morning, and had a slight door alignment issue that I needed to get done too (need to slam it pretty hard to close...
  14. D

Just noticed today that when I tried to open the passenger door, it wouldn't unlock. Walked over to the driver side and it unlocked and locked completely fine. Remote works fine, as do the interior lock functions. Everything looks fine in the dash settings, and tried both FOB's. Very strange...
  15. D

So my Sport arrived in the wee hours of this past Saturday, and picked it up on Monday night during a snow storm that coincidentally happened the same night. All I can say is wow! I LOVE it! Unfortunately didn't have snows on it at the time, but it still managed to chug along very well the 15km...
  16. D

I thought the same thing in my case - nothing worse than a Friday build. That was until I saw my build date which was January 13. SATURDAY BUILD AND A 13!!!! :dead: I choose to believe that body build is basically all robotic and would make up most of the first day, at least that's what I...
  17. D

Congrats! It'll be in that state for up to a week or so, so don't get worried if you don't see a status change to awaiting shipment for up to that time.
  18. D

Thanks Peter. I figured there must be a method to their madness. o_O COTUS no longer shows an expected delivery date, and has the status as still in transit. On the dealer side, they aren't being very transparent with all the details, so that may be par for the course with this type of thing...
  19. D

I've learned x-plan pricing isn't that great of a deal if you do your homework. When I was shopping for my Sport, one dealer told me that they were not allowed to do better than x-plan. Went somewhere else and didn't mention that I was eligible, and got it for significantly better pricing. As...
  20. D

My Sport is still in transit and says it should be here by Friday. I'm hoping that I'll have it on Saturday. I guess I'll know in a couple of days. Aside from a 1 day slip and back last week, the date hasn't really changed during the whole process.
  21. D

It'll be March before you know it. I'm about a week out and the date only slipped by one day from when it first showed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it holds.
  22. D

Sync Connect - wifi hotspot

Aside from the hotspot, the built in LTE provides the ability to remotely lock/unlock doors and start/stop the engine through the FordPass app. This connectivity feature is free for 5 years whereas the hotspot is 3 gigs or 3 months, whichever is first, in Canada, not sure about the US. I don’t...
  23. D

Congrats! Trust me when I say COTUS will be like crack for you now as you anxiously watch it go through the stages. :laugh:
  24. D

Hopefully you'll have it by the weekend.
  25. D

Thanks. Found that link earlier. Was just pointing out COTUS flakiness. :) I believe it starts at $10/month and could be linked to your existing data share plan at Rogers. Currently offering a 1 gig data bonus for 2 years I heard. Here's the link to Rogers plan page; Mobile Internet |...
Back