Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Rear caliper guide pins press fit- do not remove?

I had to go dealer to get rotors as the noise that I thought was wear indicator rubbing was in fact the pad completely worn and it grooved rotor on inside where I could not see due to the full shield behind rotor. I asked the parts guys and they hadnt heard of that. I got home and the pins...
  2. H

Rear caliper guide pins press fit- do not remove?

Changing rear brakes on 2017 xlt. I was surprised when removed the bolts on pins as I had assumed that the whole pin would come out when I loosened that bolt like most other calipers I have worked on. Then I watched video and it showed guy pulling out guide pins and cleaning and lubing then...
  3. H

Phone won't ring for texts while I'm in the car

Huh! I thought climate was most useful of the 4. I would keep it on that and just hit up, down to change temp. But I can live with this change. But the text message issue is very big issue.
  4. H

Sync 3 and quick charge

got me! I saw smart charging and was assuming that meant quick charging. Sucks that it order to use android auto, the phone has to be plugged in to USB because now I can't quick charge! Hate to have 2 USB setups, 1 for connecting to Android Auto, and one for quick charging-switching the cord...
  5. H

Sync 3 and quick charge

just looking at brochure I have for 2017 Explorer and it states that the 202A option on XLT (which I just got about 5 weeks ago) has quick charge port in front and second row?? The front USB port (right below the touch screen) does not quick charge my S7 Edge. And neither does the one in the...
  6. H

Phone won't ring for texts while I'm in the car

on my phone, message access is on but don't get texts. If I go on sync phone settings and then messages, it will then download them. But this is pain to do every time get in vehicle. And after that, when get text, it notifies me on my main screen with option to get it, but only for few...
  7. H

purchasing husky liners

So I got the complete set of Husky Liners for Christmas. The second row, where it goes over the hump, fits terribly. It is like it has way too much material, like it was made for a vehicle that has a hump an inch higher. Yes I took out factory mats. The Husky mat is "baggy" for lack of...
  8. H

Confirmed: Some Exhaust in Cabin when Acceleration issue is From the Front

I have brand new 2017 XLT with 3.5. Less than 1000 miles. I definitely notice the smell. But notice it more OUTSIDE vehicle! I remote start it and then when walking out to it I notice smell as approach from front walking to driver door. Also noticed it when stopped at redlight. I had...
  9. H

How many physical (non fob) keys should 2017 come with?

no I got two full fobs with small keys inside, and one regular sized key. I do sometimes put things in glove box and lock it so if have fob that doesn't have full sized key I would have to open fob and get out the small key.
  10. H

the keys have nothing to do with valet parking. if you have intelligent access, you could not start vehicle with only one of those keys. They are only for getting into the vehicle and to lock/unlock glove box. There is valet mode on sync 3, but it just locks the infotainment system. my old...
  11. H

purchasing husky liners

Guess you posted those while I was typing my post! Look good. Looks like there is slit in 3rd row mat right behind where the plastic cover is between 2nd row seats. Perhaps there if need to cut if have console? Any concern of it tearing there?
  12. H

purchasing husky liners

that would be great. And you can let me know if 3rd row is different (weatherbeater vs contour). I saw somewhere that 3rd row only comes in weatherbeater, but on Husky site it looks like 3rd row is available in both varieties. The behind 3rd row cargo liner is only available in weatherbeater...
  13. H

Yep, that is what I was thinking. Will check with dealer.
  14. H

thanks. Seems silly to only give one full key!
  15. H

Just purchased 2017 XLT with intelligent access. I got two remotes, both of which have the small key inside. I got one full key for opening door and glove box. Should I have gotten two of the full keys? If I take the fob that doesn't have the key on the ring, if I want to lock glove box I'd...
  16. H

purchasing husky liners

Appreciate the effort but I have seen those pictures. I have seen the pictures on manufacturers websites. But they don't show a picture that shows the hump between the 2nd and 3rd row seats with mats installed. And on one of the threads, someone mentions that the 3rd row mats from husky are...
  17. H

purchasing husky liners

thanks. I have seen those pictures. But haven't seen any of the junction of 2nd and 3rd rows. tried searching forums before but can try again.
  18. H

purchasing husky liners

So I'm in same situation as a lot of you-Weathertech or Huskyliner. Can someone post pics of both, particularly the area where the 2nd and 3rd rows meet. Wanted to see how much carpet exposed with weathertech, and how the huskys fit together in this area.
  19. H

2017- swap bench for driver's side bucket seat

Nope, just buckets-and in different dealers in different markets. I found a quartz one with buckets 5 1/2 hours away. Bought it and they delivered it tonight. So no need to swap the seats. wife gets her buckets, and I got color i wanted (quartz or magnetic). The dealer with red one with...
  20. H

so found one with bench seat out the door for $40,500 (Best deal I have found). Exact same vehicle except bucket seats in 2nd row ($695 option) is $42,900 (best deal I can find now and it is about 5 hours away). So $2400 extra for $695 option. I am really mad at myself for not making the deal...
  21. H

so dealer that has one with everything I want, except bucket seats found me one with buckets that he can get. But it is $2600 more, for a $695 option! Can't justify that kind of cash for bucket seats!
  22. H

don't think I like the look of front grill as well as 2017. pictures look like grill is different color on sport appearance package than the rest of the blackout look. on 2017 everything was painted magnetic metallic. also the pattern on louvers is different. don't really like as well and...
  23. H

Looking at buying 2017 XLT with sport appearance package. Having hard time finding what I want (color, and various options), which includes 2nd row bucket seats. Found a lot with bench seat. It appears that the passenger seat is the same whether you get bench seat or buckets, I would only...
Back