Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Irregular idle and stalling

I have similar issue. If you start and just drive on a motorway it will be fine after awhile. But if you start up and drive a short distance and shut off, when you restart it will idle poorly and cut out. Very annoying. Can't drive it now in traffic. Changed the IAC, maf, egr, cleaned the pcv...
  2. D

weight plate

Big differences there. Yea I think I will have to put it up on the scales. Thanks for the information.
  3. D

weight plate

Hi. I have a 1997 RHD Explorer. Does anyone know how to read the weight plate in the engine bay? D - 2530 kg 373L - 5080kg Z2 1. - 1270kg KNTR 2. - 1360kg Is the total weight of the vehicle one of these numbers? Thanks for your help
  4. D

ignition issue

Thanks Howard for getting back to me. I have a feeling that it is the same problem as you had. When I turned the key there was a sound of something snapping and then the key turns freely without any resistance. Nothing happens. There is only a bit of spring pressure at the end of the turn (like...
  5. D

ignition issue

Hi guys. My 1997 4.0 sohc won't start as something broke in the ignition. I heard a piece break when I tried to start her. I think it might be an assembly behind the barrel that pushes the actuator bar. Does anyone have any experience in this type of repair? Thanks
  6. D

Ignition Problem

I should have mentioned. It's a 4.0 sohc 1997.
  7. D

Ignition Problem

Hi guys, My ignition has broke. Went to start it and heard something break and the barrel turns freely with no resistance. The barrel is fine when I take it out. It's the inner part that seams to be rotating freely. When my mechanic found the starter relay type thing behind the panelling he...
  8. D

EGR or (DPFE) Sensor?

Lobo411 that's the same as me. Sometimes if I don't stop it will be fine. If I throw a stop into a journey it acts up. I have the plastic DPFE sensor though.
  9. D

EGR or (DPFE) Sensor?

Great advise guys. Thanks. It's annoying not knowing where the problem is but sure Explorers are worth the hassle
  10. D

93 4.0 expo rough idle power loss ((PLEASE HELP))

Hi, Does the DPFE sensor come apart? Is that the plastic black rectangular object bolted onto the side of the block? I thought it can't come apart. Thanks
  11. D

EGR or (DPFE) Sensor?

Good idea shucker1. No my mechanic said that there was no vacuum leaks. Funnt you should say that about wires. One thing that is bothering me was when I was changing the IAC when I removed the electrical connection I saw only two wires in the wiring loom. Another wire in that loom was not...
  12. D

EGR or (DPFE) Sensor?

Hi, I am having periodic rough idle and stall, lack of power and hesitant running at speed. I have changed the IAC and the MAF sensors. No codes are being thrown up. If I am changing the EGR valve is it worth changing the (DPFE) Sensor also? Thanks
  13. D

3 spoke alloy wheel delamination

@Turdle, yes this is the exact issue I have. The chrome plate is coming away from the wheel. It has prevented me from also putting on the center cap. Wonder can an auto shop re-glue it on. Thanks
  14. D

Thanks for the advise. Yea I think eBay is the way to go. I'm based in Ireland and they only sold them for a year or two back in the 1990s. No scrap yards have them. It's annoying because it doesn't look good. Thanks guys
  15. D

Hi guys, I have a 1997 Explorer with the stock 3 spoke alloy wheel. One of my plastic alloy dressing has started delaminating from the wheel. Do you know what can be done to fix this? Or is it a new wheel entirely? Thanks
Back